ZEN'S GARDEN

Maharg67

It is a bright, warm day today

The PuddyTat is restless, too restless to just lay down in the warmth of the sunlight coming through a window

As I write these very words she calls for my attention

Protesting my slowness in responding to her calls

I throw off my coat, it is making me too warm though in theory this is winter where I am

I have gone to fuss over the PuddyTat and have returned

Life goes on for the PuddyTat and myself

GGP, Perth, WA, Australia

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They watched the world change

From the advantage point of over confidence

From the advantage point of ignorance

From the advantage point of arrogance

And then it was too late

Too late to change things for the better

With no chance of escape!!!

• 4 weeks later...

By DJ_D, transferred with his permission from Zippity Zip-A-Long.

I'm the one that stands up here,

Holding high a magic sphere.

The Moon shines bright,

And I absorb its holy light.

Spread my Wings far out to fly,

getting ready to touch the sky.

Using the power in the night,

to expand my magic flight.

I will search near and far,

until I know just where you are.

The one I will desire,

you who spreads my fire.

I don't mean you any harm,

I just want to keep you warm.

For now and forever,

Well always be together.

Edited by Maharg67

• 1 month later...

Just something I've been working on, http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif if you get the reference.

Borderline dead upon arrival

Our Hunter, the last hope for humanity

Revered amongst many of the doomed people of Borderlands

Determined that he shall change the fate of the planet forever

Equipped himself to the teeth

Ready for a war only he could hope to survive

Like those before him about half a decade ago

And live to tell the tale of his great journeys

Never again shall the history of the loot-filled world remain the same

Destined to destroy the Warrior, the Hunter

Succeeded, with an even greater, more dangerous journey ahead

Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On this day!?

On this day I walked the walk,

as much as I talked the talk,

dabbled in ideas,

conversed in feelings,

faced some fears

and tried to accept them.

• 7 months later...

One for the Team :biggrin:

Dark were the plagues
That sealed my soul

I thought back to those days
That doused me with sadness and sorrow

A light born of shadow
Lit the way - brought me luck

I took renewed hope and joy
And I swore to you, my friend
That I will look back no more

Edited by EoniaBansbane

Your poem is excellent, EoniaBansBane, and I love the forum name. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance:

• 1 month later...

Reflection in the Mirror (Reflection in the Mind)

Reflection in the Mirror

More accurate than the reflections of the mind

marked by fears too often

causing failure to see what is really there.

I am fatter than I really am.

I am ugly.

I am just not right somehow.

Reflection in the mirror does not care; we are all the same to it though all different.

• 4 weeks later...

Upon The Endless Spire:

Betwixt the natures of the clarities and the obscurities

Haunted close by shimmering Venusian clouds and brooding Martian crags

Am I, this phantasm coiled in a great wall of bandages, master of only the necessities

Look into my eyes and see naufragare, the guardian of darkness, bearing seven flags

Oh, let me tell of my journey, for I am weary and cold in the torrents of my enervated hell

Look beyond my disfigured and mangled form, for a fool holds flesh as the promise of life

My bitter bones are chained to this mountain with ebony bonds, waiting for the toll of the bell

You can never understand my heart if you lie among the rainless; To know me, you must know strife

Long ago, I was simply a man in the fields. I spoke of nothing but songs and happiness

A diamond in the rough, as men would say, brimming with the potential to be a blazing light

But I wandered into the cold, seeking a world beyond the simplicities of mine free of distress

I wandered to far, and I was taken by the beasts of the field, who razed my body in the night

Nothing sate the blood of these ferocious animals, they knew not of compassion

I saw them as I screamed in agony; Sanguine demons of petrified blackthorn and ivory

Boiling water dripping from their masses, blades thrusted through them in every fashion

Monsters of draconic form, who left me to die when their pleasures were in their fullest glory

Torn and shredded was my body, now an empty soulless vessel taken by the air

From majesty to blackened rags, had I so fallen; for my inaction, my life was gone

I drifted away into the Aether, into everlasting darkness, where hope was nowhere

And in a silent moment, a monument of nothingness and a void was to now carry on

Had I awoken, that I would never know, for a blindfold covered me and could not go away

I walked endlessly, bitterly retching bloody foam upon the ground, goring myself as I went

The blood was a slippery oil upon my crag, that I climbed in search of hope every single day

And this, dear reader, for time immemorial it may have seemed, was how my damnation was spent

Blackened eternal hell, bless'd as much as rotted figs I gave, was my all around me

I saw nothing, for I was nothing, and it seemed nothing could change that fact, at all

Horrid rains of darkened fire and pillars of choked water, I cannot hold you as destiny

Let me be away from this corroding madness, away from a shattering world in which I fall

Hold, my stagnant claws, to the penultimate rocks, for every inch I clamber is a ray of hope

Flung from this rotten world was I, as my putrescent digits felt the light, and drew me breath

I finally emerged from the cold realm of ignorant flesh and was now able to, in this world, cope

Mercy rang out in jubilant screams to drive out my terror, as I had destroyed the weight of death

Long time had passed, and I felt once again what the magnificence of redemption again

So much darkness had taken me, and I swore it could no longer scar the body of a revenant

But coldness I feel in these claws of ruination and hatred, as they desired to taste another sin

And one day, the lust of blood would come from the sky, and I would break that single covenant

And one day, that malevolent breath fell, and it drove into me the most wicked darkness

Sands were crushed into ashen glass by my malice, the air raped as my tongue sang a fugue

Waters turned to stone in the horrors of my voice, and the beasts of the world became lifeless

In no eye laid hope, for they say nothing but the heart without mercy; vileness that was my joug

Splintered from the cry of heaven were the angels and a great guardian of power

All angels wept, and their tears burned the lands and driven the world into foreign ice

The guardian was thrust to the world, and clove the Altar of Earth in two in the eleventh hour

Here, now, it turned to me and howled in violent fury, razing the lands with its gales, to kill my vice

The beast stood as an oceanic wonder, a vulpine phenom begat of a carved sea

Its whiskers and magnanimous fronds were a sight to behold, but it showed no potency

Gnashing my teeth in frothing rage, I slashed forth and drove boiling black wine, so free

But it summoned a maelstrom to show me vehemently. the guardian's true and utter ferocity

Grown from its gape was a coiling pillar of roaring air, spewing violent hurricanes above

Lightning flashed with extreme fury, releasing the extra power of the heavens completely

There was no single element I could think of not present to wipe out this, a bane of all love

Smitten was I, completely by wrath, driven into horrid fasciculation by true and complete veracity

The thrashing storm reached unbelievable violence, a force like never before

Unstoppable madness culminated within as if I stood on the Judgment of Terra

Every ocean and the heavens revolted, jarring sirens of the storm's very own core

And in a final light, the power of the light penetrated me and divagated my spirit, ending this dark era

I was torn apart, and my soul was made in two, one to the east and one to the west

Never the two to meet, or my soul be destroyed in whole, the guardian laid my true curse

We stayed to our shadow, and wept for our twin, wondering who we are; as vagrants we are best

There was nothing for him or me now but to be the wreckage of the void in which we live for worse

Sometimes, I wonder how he is, or what I am to be, but I cry adamant tears so few

Maybe I am a plague, maybe I am lost, but even I cannot tell me full story, for it is too long

I walk in loneliness without my ability to feel, I am cold and numb and I have no idea what to do

The light is gone and I feel so cold, lost and unable to be redeemed... but I was the bard of my song