CK Update

gengrimm

Not sure what planet you are all from, but here on Earth, no studio/publisher releases software or large/planned patches on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. People generally need a weekend of downtime under normal circumstances, and releasing risky patches or publishing new software around the weekend usually spells disaster when people are called in on their weekend to fix something that should have been released with ample time to fix during normal business hours.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what planet you are all from, but here on Earth, no studio/publisher releases software or large/planned patches on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. People generally need a weekend of downtime under normal circumstances, and releasing risky patches or publishing new software around the weekend usually spells disaster when people are called in on their weekend to fix something that should have been released with ample time to fix during normal business hours.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but didn't they release Skyrim itself on a Friday?

The first game to be release on a friday in the last what 10 years at least?

Only reason it was friday was because friday was 11-11-11 which was good for marketing.

I hope for structs/classes in Papyrus, and pointers. The event system seems kinda nice, just hoping there would be very specific events like "OnItemAddedToInventory". All i've seen now is a "ObjectReference" and basic data types like floats. Any released documentation on the scripting langauge?

I hope the scripts for XP gain and item value are editable. The crafting skills rewards too much and are thus very easy. negative side effects shouldn't increase a poiton's value, so the "purity" perk can finally be a good choice and making gold should be harder. Increase the reward for more complex smithed items and a more exponential XP-for-next-level curve.

Edited by GisleAune

Yes, it was a Friday, but it was a huge marketing deal with it being 11/11/11. They also were still in crunch mode from getting the final release ready to go so sacrificing a weekend at that point would not have been a loss to staff members that have been working the last 8 weekends straight. However, this is a very rare in this industry, and only was because of the marketing of the "cool" date.

Yeah, I see your point. So tuesday at the earliest then. That's a damn shame.

=Twitter feed =

CanadianMoJo: @ Bethblog - Creation kit Today?

|

Bethblog: @ CanadianMojo - Not today, it will be next week.

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/7/0/6/3/3/5/8/MTS_KKiryu007Joker-1261253-noooooo.jpg