1.4 Patch?

AurianaValoria1

I did a full reinstall and update of all mods for 1.4, and Im only having one issue, and its a minor one. After the char create screen in halgen, some clothes textures are all deformed. Its just right after char create though so its probably an issue with some mod after changing character weight. Otherwise all is well, just can't wait for my extra hotkeys/scriptdragon update.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want people to stop complaining about something that can't change? Freedom of choice? What freedom of choice? I understand your need for freedom of choice but in the case of Skyrim, there is no choice. It's either Steam + Skyrim or no Steam. How am I wrong? I know that some of you don't like Steam, I understand and I'm with you (or some of you) but what will complaining change?

Things don't change until people speak out about the need to change them.

I just want people to stop complaining about something that can't change? Freedom of choice? What freedom of choice? I understand your need for freedom of choice but in the case of Skyrim, there is no choice. It's either Steam + Skyrim or no Steam. How am I wrong? I know that some of you don't like Steam, I understand and I'm with you (or some of you) but what will complaining change?

In the end it's all about how pessimistic/optimistic each person is. I'm pretty pessimistic and have been all my life, I see half empty glass instead of half full and all that.

I'll stop arguing about Steam I'm flaming this thread.

I have this scenario. I downloaded something (not exactly sure the size) but nothing changed in-game. It sill shows the 1.13 version of Skyrim.

When I update the SKSE it says "You must have the most recent version of Skyrim" which obviously tells me the patch hasn't downloaded.

Any thoughts? I have Steam set to "auto update" as well...

Maybe you should choose a different server that the game updates with? It's worth a shot! Go to:

1. settings (right click on Steam's system tray or if you have Steam open go to Steam in upper left corner and then settings)

2. downloads + cloud

3. you can change it where it says download region

I'm from Greece and I have chosen Germany - Frankfurt and it has awesome speed. I download up to 1 MByte/second as much as my internet speed is.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it was already set to a very close region. I don't know what's going on. It seems like no one else is having this issue. The game still runs perfectly fine, but I want to be able to use the mods created on the CK and I don't think I'll be able to unless I am running 1.4...

If someone else is having this issue and knows more, let me know!

@Maniac Minion, as yourself said, the issue may be coming from a mod and be sure the author will find it up quickly and try to be yet faster to correct it. If using NMM keep an eye on that mark meaning a mod got updates ready to go. the version in blue is easy to get for clicking it leads you directly to the mod's page where you can verify the changes and chose the correct version you want, normally just the last but sometimes there are optional and/or "choices" to be made... and stuff. One the reasons that Steam integration still has to prove it will be like many are expecting.

Hit the nail right on the head.

There was even a thread on the official forums earlier (until,as usual,it mysteriously got deleted) howling in protest about Steamworks and Steam Workshop. There was a poll attached which suggested that 86% were against Steam Workshop and would be using existing sites. I guess that fact was a little too much for Bethesda to handle. I had voted in the poll and posted in the thread, and when I went back to check on it later, the thread was gone.

Well, I hate to have to say I've never had so many silent and not so silent CTD's since the 1.4 patch. I've also had a weird issue at Falkreath where the game started freezing for several seconds, continuing and eventually having to be shut down via Task Manager because it stopped responding. That took more than five minutes to accomplish as well as whatever caused it was obviously a serious error. :wallbash: Strangely, I'd been back and forth to Falkreath and surrounding areas several times in the same play session doing quests.

The only mods I'm using are SkyUI, Categorized Favourites (all updated as well as SKSE although I see there's a new version since last night,) Weapons of the 3rd Era, a few tweaks like NoNPC Greetings and Essential Companions and a lot of texture replacers, but not world textures.

Something I did notice and may be co-incidental is the CTD's, except for the Falkreath issue, happened when I encountered enemy mages and or vampires. I have Marcurio with me and he's a mage, but haven't had issues with him at all and he's pretty aggressive magically speaking. :) I did also notice at least one CTD was when a mage cast Ice Spike. Their other spells, and they have quite a selection, don't cause any problems and I've never encountered this before.

The only constant annoying issue previous to this patch and which is probably still present, is freezing in the surrounding areas, south of, and inside Riften, but I haven't dared to try it with the new CTD issue. I've had that from the very beginning on both of my characters and it only happens after visiting the town, completely random and requiring hard resets.

I'm just about ready to give up this game until and if the Unofficial Patch team do their excellent thing because it's just not enjoyable as it is and I'm sick of having to spam SAVE so i don't lose too much progress. I will give it a go with the latest version of SKSE and see if that improves things though. I currently have 1_04_08 (non beta.)

I would have stayed with 1.3 but since I want to use the CK when it's released I didn't have much choice but to update. :(

1_04_08 gave me problems with the mods you mentioned, things got much better after 1_04_10

It is sad to hear so many folks are having problems with the new patch update. Never in my history of gaming have I witnessed a game that has had so many issues with patches. Skyrim takes the cake on that one.

This is nothing compared to Fallout New Vegas. Now there is one F-ed up game. Skyrim is sweet relief compared to that unholy mess.

Was wondering why all the threads at the Beth forums were flowery and praising Steam.

I have observed the more flowery remarks for Steam have come from those who also share flowery remarks for Skyrim. Never seen someone who hates Skyrim like Steam. Not saying it can't happen, but i haven't observed it.