Don't do any ME:Andromeda mods!

Melynxx

MEA has no map room, and only needing to meet certain characters first, forced you to travel back to Nexus, twice for main quest, which is rather short (109 hours first full run, second one, main quest only, took 9 hours on NG+)

I guess one of the problems of MEA is that it shines in it's side and companion quests. If you confine yourself to the main quest, you might get disappointed pretty fast. When I first started the game I couldn't believe how boring it is. Now that I'm 40 hours in, I have to give it credit. Apart from the aspects I mentioned above and which I still don't like.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess one of the problems of MEA is that it shines in it's side and companion quests. If you confine yourself to the main quest, you might get disappointed pretty fast. When I first started the game I couldn't believe how boring it is. Now that I'm 40 hours in, I have to give it credit. Apart from the aspects I mentioned above and which I still don't like.

I was never really bored in the 109 hours, just surprised how little was required for the main quest, and how little the end result varied due to it.

See this post, I made, on the New Bioware Social Neywork Fan Forums, (contains the content from old BSN that EA shut down, then adds to it. and is most active Biware Fan site, I've foumd).

Has anyone seen the Zero punctuation review yet? | New BioWare Social Network Fan Forums

WARNNG, it's in the Spoiler SubForum, and though I avoid major spoilers, in that post, I do give the Main quest MIssion sequence, and some minor spoilers.

I've isolated it to my post as other posts, could reveal anything, but at this time, are mainly just saying ZP review is Funny (usually are, as that's his main intention), so not that relevant.

Here's a link the the forums main page, where you can find spoiler free subforums as well.

New BioWare Social Network Fan Forums

Wow, is the OP really that misinformed? Haven't played the game himself? Just read what other people whose hobby is to try and beat up on EA have said about it?

Andromeda is a great game! Fantastic gameplay, great graphics. And don't come back with that lame lie about ME1 looking better. There are videos on Youtube showing them side by side that shows that is a lie, LOL.

Dude, just keep you opinion to yourself if you are going to post something that silly.

Edited by mertox

Wow, is the OP really that misinformed? Haven't played the game himself? Just read what other people whose hobby is to try and beat up on EA have said about it?

There are good and bad reasons to beat on EA - or on major game publishers in general.

Andromeda is a good game, for me it's not a great game. One of the major reasons to beat up on EA is the obvious gearing up for DLC release. There are many lose plot lines, which allow you to see the carrot dangling in your face without being able to resolve the issue at hand.

I'm not talking about the main quest, but about various side quests that just evaporate into thin air, once you're nearing a resolution. The Ryder family secrets one is the most obvious. It ends in two cliff hangers if you follow it through.

There are good and bad reasons to beat on EA - or on major game publishers in general.

Andromeda is a good game, for me it's not a great game. One of the major reasons to beat up on EA is the obvious gearing up for DLC release. There are many lose plot lines, which allow you to see the carrot dangling in your face without being able to resolve the issue at hand.

I'm not talking about the main quest, but about various side quests that just evaporate into thin air, once you're nearing a resolution. The Ryder family secrets one is the most obvious. It ends in two cliff hangers if you follow it through.

The main quest is the biggest carrot, but that I assume is for Andromeda 2.

Anyone who was 12 to 20 who played MORROWIND and is now a few years older or more than 20 years old is going to realize they aren't making games for their generation anymore.

I collect games for their story. Not everyone reads the same Authors books who are the most POPULAR.

I don't buy games so I can DUKE NUKEM them all.

I've been waiting for the day when wearing a simple band that only touches my head which connects me to another persons views while traveling, feeling their feelings, their heart rates, and feel the tingling of the air around them when, say, the record playing is of riding a super duper roller coaster.

The movie BRAINSTORM from 1983 shows us an example of what could have been todays modern console and it's devices that would give us that console and head gear to give us an experince we might never ever get to have.

The main quest is the biggest carrot, but that I assume is for Andromeda 2.

Funny as that may sound. I'm OK with a main quest ending in a cliffhanger. I'm not OK with each and every memorable side quest ending that way. They should be there to offer instant gratification for the player, not leaving them out in the cold.

I love ME, it's my favourite game. But they killed it. No, worse - they made a peace of sh*t from one of the best games ever! I know that this game were made by other team - but why, why did EA entrust the development of such game to people without any experience? And i don't want this game to pay off - cause it'll mean that people will buy anything, no matter how bad the game is.

Modders, you're doing a great job - i beleive u can fix every Bioware mistake with animation, ugly faces, boring gameplay and scenario.

But don't do this! You'll get nothing, doing a job for people, who spent 40 million dollars for this sh*t.

This game can only be played with many fixing mods, and if you'll do them - Bioware will continue to make such bad games - people buy it, people fix them for free.

It's only my opinion, but think about it.

I don't think telling modders, a very talented group of coders and artists, to stop doing their art is a way to go. For many of them, it's a hobby they enjoy and it can inspire many young people to enter the gaming industry with appropriate experience.

I'm a coder (not in the gaming industry) and if I saw a "less than perfect" output from another coder, I wouldn't throw it into the fire - maybe improve what I can?

I actually suspect that some of the Bioware coders are modders in the communities, maybe even doing personal projects long after the game is out, but they are worked pretty hard haha...

Lashing out at Bioware by saying ''let their game rot!'' just makes us the losers, Bioware loses nothing.

I think the game is alright - it has issues - I understand your frustration but I think it's misplaced.