Question UVW map

Laurelion

I reckon so, with one major stipulation: You can only rearrange the islands/relax them. Cutting any new seams or other wise changing the vert count in the UV will either change the vert count and or/ rearrange the vert numbers on those verts, in effect invalidating the morph.

even if you did that I think what would happen is that the _1 is used as morph data only, right until the weight slider is at max, at which point the _1 mesh might be used instead of using the _0 and applying any morphing.

Edited by Ghogiel

Pretty sure it doesn't blend between textures, but I think it uses the _0 and just morphs that all the way until the last notch on the weight slider, at which point the _1 is substituted in. Because if you fubar the morph your mesh works at both ends of the wieght slider... if the _1 was totally only a morph target and was never used in game, then the last value in the weight slider would still be a mess.

As for use, You could have had a bit of texture reserved on the sheet for that section of UV you used, if you moved a UV shell over that section for the _1 mesh, it would only pop into play when the weight slider is set at max. But would just making a new tex, and slapping it on the _1 version do...? I mean that's about as effective as messing with the UV is going to be. Assuming of course.

Edited by Ghogiel