So what can we expect Today/Tom in CK terms/bonus

nightmare_pwner

Someone heard from a file tha the supposibly found that maybe they would be releasing a HD Texture pack?

Sounds like speculation to me. Very A+B+Down speculative.

Edited by gengrimm

To get an HD Texture pack as the 'surprise' I think would be a bit of a disappointment.

The modders can make good HD Texture packs. I want to see some Beth glory not HD Texture pack

But saying that I would be just happy with the CK and the new Steam Feature, no more drag and drop mod installing!

Would it kill the Nexus?

But saying that I would be just happy with the CK and the new Steam Feature, no more drag and drop mod installing!

Would it kill the Nexus?

I highly doubt that SW will kill Nexus. While the Steam Workshop may sound like a nice feature now, it can turn away users who are trying mods for the first time. Automatically downloading mods and installing them could always fubar your save game, and mod set up because of conflicts with other mods, dirty files, etc.

Example:

1. Bob was always a bit intimidated for trying mods for the first time. Steam Workshop sounds awesome for installing mods.

2. Bob goes through SW, and downloads lots of mods.

3. He starts Skyrim, and loads up his save game. It instantly crashes.

4. Now Bob has to look through all mods he downloaded to find the culprit that's crashing the game.

Edit: What PaladinRider said. xD

TBH I don't trust steam all that much, I trust it less with applying mods. I'll be sticking to the Nexus. I really hope the surprise is NOT a HD texture pack. I just downloaded the 900mb one... and that would be a shame because the person put a lot of effort into that pack.

Maybe it's something better : /