Do only Steam Users get the Creation Kit?

jackalhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, by that logic I guess that it's ok to walk into a bank and rob it, just because that person got laid off? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay!

Not that I'd ever compare a bank robbery to illegally downloading a copy of software, but I agree with your point. I can't believe the guy is actually trying to justify piracy by being out of work. Be amusing to watch in court as a defense.

Edited by Oomo

Piracy doesn't help anyone really. You get a buggy, crashy version of the game in most cases and while some games are just plain pap the good ones deserve their pay check.

Wait are you saying my steam version, the one I bought from ebgames is pirated one?

Haha! :dance:

Guys, dont bother this guy. Most people who pirate (like me occasionally) don't have the money to spend on games. In fact, most people who pirate wined up buying the game they pirated if they like it.

Actually, most people who steal it and do like it don't buy the game - ever. :rolleyes:

Banned for piracy

bben46

"occasionally".

Just saying...

Anyway, piracy sucks. Don't pirate, EVER.

The excuse that you'll buy it later if it's good is ridiculous. Pirating is counted legally as equal to stealing.

Would you go to a games store on the street, walk in, grab a game without paying, and just say you'll pay if it's good?

(Hint: The answer is no... unless you're a really stupid shoplifter that likes advertising the fact he's never going to pay)

Dont pull the dont have the money BS. My my joyed days of gaming were back when I used to have to save the heck out of my money to buy a game, and then played the heck out of it because I would not get another for a few months. Now days I dont get the same joy out of games. Had I stolen back then, I would have missed out on that experiance.

Don't say "Don't use that No-money BS" and then use the "If you don't have money, you apperciate things more" line. That jst doesn't look very good.

But, thing is, today I say it's pretty hard to find a game that is worth the price you have to pay for them. Feels like no many games can be enjoyed for more than 10 hours, while few (or a lot) years back, average playtime of 50+ hours and stories that made one cry veren't that rare. I'd say it's more about this, than about how many games and how often you may get to trully apperciate them.

It hurts to buy a game for 50€+ just to do double facepalm after 20 minutes of playing and putting it on the shelf, permanently (Dungeon Siege III, anyone?). And I do not believe it would feel differently, if I knew I will not be able to get another game for 3 months.

Edit: BTW guys, don't go acting all angel-ish there. This is about piracy advocating / pirates being pissed because they can't get CK (yet...anyway). Acting like you never "pirated" something makes you look weird, because I know you did. We all know they did. We all did. It's like saying you never peed in your pants when you were 2 months old, because you were born sitting on a toilet :D

Edited by elvinkun

I've been unemployed for over a year, doing odd jobs around the county to pay my bills and still managed to save up enough to buy Skyrim so dont talk to me about "oh man i got laid off im going to steal what i want" bulls***. I bust my ass to find work and get my bills paid without having a "job"

Most people who pirate (like me occasionally) don't have the money to spend on games. In fact, most people who pirate wined up buying the game they pirated if they like it.

First rule, etc etc. Anyways, this thread was entertaining, but Steam is in fact required for every PC distribution of Skyrim that I've come across. May be wrong though.

Not all piracy is created equal and not all pirates are thieves. That's something about this site that bugs me, say "I pirated ******" and instaban. there is no middle ground and everyone is extremely judgmental towards the subject.

Pirating software to try it out before buying because the publisher didn't have a demo version available is one thing I cannot or will not ever judge someone on, and nobody should ever judge them if they actually use it as a demo. Hell I do it too if I am unsure about the developer! if the software is good and something I will use I delete the pirate copy and buy it legit, it takes longer to find/download/install the pirated "demo" than it takes to make the choice of buy or not, delete the "demo", and buy legit. If I decide its crap in the first 15 minutes it is deleted and in no way shape or form will that developer/publisher ever see any money for that software. If on the other hand i like what i see in that first 15 minutes it gets deleted and I am off to buy it. Also software/games can be extremely hyped up to be the greatest thing on earth and yet be total s*%t.. sorry poop. That is why all software should have a demo and why I dont judge people for pirating when a demo is not available. I have been burned 1 too many times to just trust any developer/publisher, though if they consistently produce software I enjoy a demo would be a waste of time. If I dont trust them to create something I will like then a demo is a necessity.

There is also issues with DRM and piracy where the DRM itself forces piracy just to play the game. Yes sometimes DRM makes the game unplayable for legit customers. Take for example my experience with FarCry 2 and its limited installs on limited computers. yep bought the game on day 1 of release. installed it and everything was fine until I had an HDD decide to go belly up. New HDD and after hours of reinstalling windows and various apps i try to install FC2. Hmm all installs were used. no ability to revoke an install with the revoke tool because you frigging need the actual install and OS working to do it. So support ticket and 8 hours later i am playing FC2 like nothing happened. oh and i didn't get a response from support for 2 full days.

As for excuses for pirating such as "i cant afford it right now" or "I hate steam so i will pirate it and not have steam requirements" or "i just pirated it as a demo"... First off if you cannot afford it then you dont need it. Games are a luxury and not a necessity, spend the time you would be playing and get a better paying job or skills for a better paying job. Second If you hate steam then buy it legit and then pirate a copy that does not require steam, suffer the issues with the pirated version or man up and use the steam version otherwise that's a bulls*** excuse. Third, if you pirated as a demo and you are here asking questions about installs and mods.. you are a bloody liar!!!! you are not demoing it but friggin playing it.

Anyway i bought Skyrim, i have it on steam, i am not a thieving pirate so dont ban me lol.