Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

should there be any difference in loading time/performance if the bsa's were just extracted and installed as loose files? Assume doing that'd remove any problems with the sound and thered be no need to edit the ini's

You don't need to do the override any more.

Bethesda changed Skyrim in v1.5+ so that loose files will load after packed files. That means if the highres texture pack is first (or very early) in the load order, all mods that use the same files will be used instead (and loose files being loaded last).

I would not recommend unpacking or using the override anymore, unless you have a very specific purpose for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that cost of resurrecting this thread, does anyone have any insight as to whether or not extracting the BSA files improves performance? Or, at least, overcomes those periodic bursts of "one frame every 3-4 minute" load cycles the game goes through for no clear reason?

Obviously, Skyrim's been patched a bit since it came out. I'm actually tempted only to use the HD textures indoor, where game performance doesn't absolutely suck on occasion.

I'm trying to get Envision beauty faces to work, and I can' t seem to.

I just recently installed Skyrim and came across this thread as I was searching for answers.

I've started a new game and dont' seem to have the options in the sliders for the additions those face mods add, and I don't know why.

I also don't know how to modify the faces after the initial attempt as a prisoner, but all the videos on youtube and stuff show people adjusting their faces with envision face mod at some other point in the game.

Is this HD texture stuff causing me to not be able to use the envision face mod? Will changing the ini files and disabling the esp files fix this for me?

Any advice? I'd really like to avoid the default fugly faces of Skyrim.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Do i still need to make those changes or just having the texture pack on top off all mods is enough?

Also the skyrim.ini has no [ARCHIVE] tag, and i only found in Skyrim_default.ini with the required lines.

Also this change does it affect how these fix mods work ?

1 HD Textures DLC Fix http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8236

2 HighResTexturePack DLC Tweaks http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14719

Edited by hangman04

• 2 months later...

@BartreArtoll - I think Georgiegril was referring to the page you linked in your previous post.

If you downloaded the BSA version of the mod you should have the .esp files in the archive.

If you downloaded the loose files version then I am not sure there are any .esp files to activate (my gaming pc is down for repair so I cannot check the files right now).

The BSA version was of the file type .7z.001 and when I opened it in 7zip it gave a broken archive error.

I'm downloading it again.

[edit]

I "joined" the .001 file into a .7z file, then opened this one with 7zip (why make things so complicated?!).

Result : "Cannot open file Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL-607-1-5.7z as an archive."

Any other place where there is a non-corrupt version of the file?

Edited by BartreArtoll

• 11 months later...