Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

I think for NEW items that are imported the textures work, but for existing items that you just put a new texture over(body, weapon, armor, monster, etc) it will not work. Also, are you sure you are not looking at a new HD texture that Beth gave you?? The difference between bethesda HD textures and user HD textures would not be as big as old textures to either HD texture pack.

yes, perhaps i mistake the official HD mode with the HD 2k mode. But i am sure other texture pack are working, the nude mods is working ( it's in the texture pack catégorie), the "Serious HD Retexture Landscape" is working : look at this screen : http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/16709518851003_20120210_00041.jpg i don't think the official HD texture pack make the ground tike this, or like this : http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/18256234164003_20120210_00031.jpg

The Vurts Skyrim Flora Overhaul is working too, i compare with the screens on SkyrimNexus and it's the same textures.

And finally the faces mods are working too : http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/13457039361480_20120210_00054.jpg eyes, skin, lips, nose... look at the screen i don't think the HD pack can get the faces with less polygons like this.

But you are right for the HD 2K mode, i am not sure if it's working.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so let me get this straight, bethesda official textures are better in what? so i could manage my mods with it

am sorry if someone already posted the same question but its 9 pages and am lazy to read all :P

They are not better at all but cover so far more textures than other mods like "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures" for instance. But when this mod will be finished, it will be way better than the official textures.

2K Texture pack is seriously overrated. It changes the look of the art direction way too much and looks very amateurish. The official pack from Beth does not change the art direction but still enhances the original textures, something 2K fails utterly to do imo.

I agree about the Skyrim HD pack...I used to think it was all right but to get my game running like I think the developers intended i removed it...added the Official High Res textures to the .bsa archive instead of the .esp and loaded any other mods used to use that weren't directly improved by the Bethesda pack

So for Skyrim HD, I opened the archived file, removed everything but the landscape textures and repacked the archive and used that modified one as everything else looks way better from Bethesda..

Also, all of the blocky face and beauty face mods are null and void with the Bethesda pack...I wound up having to selectively hunt and peck through each mod specifically to see what was better, a tedious process but necessary to get the right look if your a graphics prostitute like me

I think the easiest way to approach the new pack is to delete ALL of your mods and start fresh with the Bethesda Packs as modified archive bases and go from there, truly the only way to tell what's affecting what

Hello,

I tried to follow the original OP but ran into a problem. When I open up the Skyrim.ini file in the My Documents section, I only have the following in the file:

[

Display]
sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580"
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=0
bReflectLODTrees=1
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

Do I just add the entire Archive section that he listed?

In addition, I opened up the Skyrim_Default.ini under the Skyrim directory to see what it looked like and I see the the following:

[

General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Should I copy this information into my Skyrim.ini file in the My Documents section?

Thanks,

Matt

I just extracted official Hi-Res textures from BSA files and copied extracted files like normal unofficial textures and deleted BSA and ESP files of Hi-Res Pack. Now i can use official and unofficial textures. :D

@rezrov

using the esp with the bsa files makes it impossible for any of the textures that are in the bsa (which is all of them excluding a few here and there)

using the above method does exactly what already was in place where we will have links to the official textures but if loose files are in their locations they will override them

you can also get bsaopt and unpack the bsa files and use whatever textures you feel like manually but then as stated you will have a lot of loose files. the bsa option with ini tweak is a clean way to deal with it but you will get all the textures updated.

I edited the .ini files as described above (thanks for that!), then deactivated and reactivated all my existing texture mods. The effect has been to allow the official pack to improve the few textures that hadn't been covered by the unofficial texture mods.

I wandered around and visited different cities and everything is fine - except for a glowing purple cylindrical object by a stall in the marketplace in Markarth (there's a leg of goat on top of it). The object has the item code 000C18F2 which I can't find on any lists. I get an error when I try to disable it in the console.

This has only happened since I installed the HR texture pack - has anyone else noticed any similar strange effects?

I edited the .ini files as described above (thanks for that!), then deactivated and reactivated all my existing texture mods. The effect has been to allow the official pack to improve the few textures that hadn't been covered by the unofficial texture mods.

I wandered around and visited different cities and everything is fine - except for a glowing purple cylindrical object by a stall in the marketplace in Markarth (there's a leg of goat on top of it). The object has the item code 000C18F2 which I can't find on any lists. I get an error when I try to disable it in the console.

This has only happened since I installed the HR texture pack - has anyone else noticed any similar strange effects?

Since I posted this I've read elsewhere that the object (000C18F2) in Markarth is a bloodied chopping block and that the fault is with the HR texture pack. This (and other errors) is fixed by the HD Textures DLC Fix. :thumbsup:

Edited by donniemunro

I edited my .ini files and removed the HD.esp files from the bethesda pack from my data folder, now certain mods dont want to load because they cant find this file, any ideas? the original posts told us to remove or disable these two files, so I removed, how would I disable them?

so let me get this straight, bethesda official textures are better in what? so i could manage my mods with it

am sorry if someone already posted the same question but its 9 pages and am lazy to read all :P

They are not better at all but cover so far more textures than other mods like "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures" for instance. But when this mod will be finished, it will be way better than the official textures.

2K Texture pack is seriously overrated. It changes the look of the art direction way too much and looks very amateurish. The official pack from Beth does not change the art direction but still enhances the original textures, something 2K fails utterly to do imo.

I agree about the Skyrim HD pack...I used to think it was all right but to get my game running like I think the developers intended i removed it...added the Official High Res textures to the .bsa archive instead of the .esp and loaded any other mods used to use that weren't directly improved by the Bethesda pack

So for Skyrim HD, I opened the archived file, removed everything but the landscape textures and repacked the archive and used that modified one as everything else looks way better from Bethesda..

Also, all of the blocky face and beauty face mods are null and void with the Bethesda pack...I wound up having to selectively hunt and peck through each mod specifically to see what was better, a tedious process but necessary to get the right look if your a graphics prostitute like me

I think the easiest way to approach the new pack is to delete ALL of your mods and start fresh with the Bethesda Packs as modified archive bases and go from there, truly the only way to tell what's affecting what

Yes, I wondered the same and added the file manually then saved it.

I too do not believe this works together 100%, but as suggested, I have these lines :

Documents\My Games\Skyrim :

Skyrim.ini

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

and

\Skyrim :

Skyrim_defualt.ini

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

HighResTexturePack 01 and 02 are disabled/unchecked in the Data Files from the Launcher.

Skyrim HD is working, confirmed easily on grass textures. Can't really tell about High Res pack now, but assume it's ok as well.

Was curious about the fact I have a "Skyrim" folder in my root Skyrim directory and inside is a SkyrimPrefs.ini. Shouldn't that be in the root directory itself and/or only in the My Games folder???(note there is already one in My Games)

Edited by Ranebow