Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

I just extracted official Hi-Res textures from BSA files and copied extracted files like normal unofficial textures and deleted BSA and ESP files of Hi-Res Pack. Now i can use official and unofficial textures. :D

This. I fail to understand why people are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed a little help, maybe. I am using the Steam Store to DL mods, simply for the ease. I would however like to fix the purple stuff/neon fire logs, etc. How does this work with regular mods like the HD fix on Nexus, when coupled with Steam mods? Do I just DL it, put it in Data and I'm good?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermid, easier than I thought, and no conflicts so far.

Edited by Xarnac

Hi,

Excuse me for my question and for my English I am French. Pack Bethesda double to certain textures. Dragonbone armor with twice the boots of different sizes.

Having just change the ini file without putting enough esp for the game to take the good textures?!?

hello people and thank you in advance for this nice forum :)

i would like to ask if i disable the esp files from my manager (both) will the HD pack still work?

Is the ESP or the Bsa files needed to run this hd pack?

ive edited the Skyrim.ini removed the esps from manager and it seems that mods now running great.. but i dont know if the HD pack is working now....

any ideas?

editing the ini makes the bsa files run even if you disable the esp s ?

Edited by krikelas

I heard that with the new load order adjustments in the latest patch 1.4.27 we no longer need to do this process, can anyone confirm that?

and if so......

If we have declicked the esp and applied the highrestex pack bsa 1 and 2 lines to the 2 ini files, should we just leave it at that? or now its best for preventing future problems to go back and click the esp and delete the new lines from the ini files?

I heard that with the new load order adjustments in the latest patch 1.4.27 we no longer need to do this process, can anyone confirm that?

and if so......

If we have declicked the esp and applied the highrestex pack bsa 1 and 2 lines to the 2 ini files, should we just leave it at that? or now its best for preventing future problems to go back and click the esp and delete the new lines from the ini files?

Can anyone please clarify these points?

Thank you.

I think changing the file names themselves could be safer than changing the ini.

No. Changing file names won't do anything, or infact may cause problems. You either change the ini as stated in the first two posts (which is 100% SAFE) or you unpack the HD texture pack's bsas and delete its esps (which leaves you with gbs worth of loose files).

Not a problem for as I have two 1TB HDDs but couldn't you just re-pack the BSA without the .esp files?

• 5 weeks later...
should there be any difference in loading time/performance if the bsa's were just extracted and installed as loose files? Assume doing that'd remove any problems with the sound and thered be no need to edit the ini's Edited by nisen

• 2 months later...

Blow by blow.

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open

SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini

&

Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

Hi all,

Just one remaining question:

after following all steps should I start the game with the official HD texture esp's 'checked' or 'unchecked' in THE data files?

Many thanx!!