Skyrim steam workshop

Jamez820

I just happened to notice the Skyrim Steam workshop I have not looked far into it and have no idea how long it has been active, but through this do you think the Nexus community will suffer traffic to Skyrim Nexus or will it benefit from modding becoming more used? Also it claims that fraud and dirty or offensive mods will not be hosted, will real authors have to contact steam to have a falsely posted mod removed? I just am not sure if Steam thought their workshop through as much as Nexus is worked on, If someone has mods active on it currently they may be the best person to answer these questions.

thanks -Jamez

Wouldn't it rather attract people to mods? I imagine there will be some stuff that isn't hosted, and with a little comment on one of the workshop mods saying there is a better alternative on the Skyrim Nexus, hey presto! you have free advertising and from the best methond, Word of Mouth. Edited by deathjam

From how simple it looks right now, I imagine either traffic will remain steady or even increase, as the modding noobs who were previously unaware of how awesome mods are venture further out from the limited capabilities of the Steam Workshop in search of more advanced and deep mods.

We shall see, but if I worried about traffic, I wouldn't be worried about Steam Workshop at the moment.

Ya i had similar concerns with OP. I've grown fond of this site since i've frequented it for Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim mods. Hopefully the steam workshop doesn't reduce the amount of mod's/support this site gets in the future. Yes, there are certain mods that probably won't be allowed on steam workshop like the more adult type mods, or what the esrb decides to filter (like what someone mentioned earlier). But I'm hoping that this doesn't cause this site to become a giant warehouse of the previously mentioned mods without any gameplay/texture/item/etc type mods. For example I saw a mod for getting rid of the weapon enchantment charge on steam workshop but had never seen it here. Well don't know about everyone else but I'm going to stick to trusty ol' Nexus lol and ideally I hope other people do the same.

Edit: never mind the weapon enchantment charge mod was added to nexus earlier :) so ignore that

Edited by seek37