Steam Workshop.

Throsby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means nothing for the Nexus. Steam Workshop is HORRIBLE, and 99.9 percent of the mods there can be found here as well. On top of the fact, the Nexus has some great staff and a good community, I'll perfer this site over Steam Workshop anyday of my life.

I honestly find the Steam Workshop setup more user-friendly and nicer to use, besides there being little filter options. Just subscribe and load it up. Unsubscribe to stop using it. Of course using nexus prevents compatibility issues (it asks which files you want to keep).

But I won't be using it much, until the 50 mod cap is removed or upped.

Steam Workshop is good for simple mods...but beyond very simple mods, its quite useless.

Since you can't really *Look inside* the mod, you're not sure if the mod creator has tested the mod.

The search functions on the SW are horrible, nothing close to the Nexus. On top of that, most mods say *More details/more files/etc* then they link the nexus.

If a mod requires more than one file and multiple options (Which most of the *AWESOME* mods do) then the steam workshop won't be needed.

Steam Workshop is barely moderated compared to the Nexus ~I've seen a lot of "Submissions" that are really mod requests.

Many people will prefer the Steam Workshop because it caters to the lazy modders. People who just want to auto-install everything. Sooner or later, that method will stop working when mods start conflicting.

Edited by Stormcrown

How i use Workshop - watch their top mods and if i like it download from Nexus with NMM. Workshop is good for simple, small mods but bad for big mods because you cant control files it install. And i think Workshop need 5 stars rating system, really hard to find good modes now.

I like the Steam Workshop way more than Nexus. The NMM was only good for 2 things IMHO. Load order and keeping track of mods and the versions you had vs. what was out there. I have about 30 mods so far on the steam workshop and they all work great. I am still using NMM for load order for some other mods that haven't been fixed since CK came out. I think it will be changed once they have some feed back, I'm sure they will implement load order and SKSE functionality, version controls. I generally install all my mods manually, but the Workshop is able to install/uninstall WAY faster than the clunky NMM. This in itself makes it better.

I don't think Nexus will go anywhere, all the STEAM haters, which seem to live here, will keep it going, but I think after a little while the workshop will become the main place after it has had a couple patches to get it where it needs to be. I check both places but I'm only down to a couple mods that haven't been workshop converted yet. Looking forward to seeing how everything shapes up over the next few months :)

Edited by DarkSavant78

Personally, I don't like that if you unsubscribe from something on the Steam Workshop, it doesn't clean itself up and remove the file it downloaded when subscribed. I like NMM's tidiness. :D Also, I can't run a lot of the high res textures, so if I have to download them anyway elsewhere, I might as well manage them all in one place. Viva la NMM!

Yeah, SW all the way... wait, wut? wthell, it was working yastardey jst fine, what do you mean by conflicts?

Edit: You see, it happens here too despite all the flexibility installing and maintaining mods... imagine where that flexibility is void... let's let time have the last word in this matter.

Edited by nosisab