Laptop suggestions for Skyrim/Creation kit use

onson

I'm looking to buy a laptop for the purpose of playing Skyrim and creating mods with the Creation kit. Not trying to run the game on Ultra or anything, Budget I guess is 1000 to 1500 maybe? I've never had a laptop so I'm not familiar with what a "decent " one should cost. I'm also unfamiliar with the mobile graphics cards performance. Also, aren't laptops officially "unsupported" for most games ?

I currently use a Toshiba X505-Q887 laptop for just about everything and am extremely happy with it. Not only is it the most bad*** looking laptop in my opinion, it also has great performance. I play a lot of different games with no problems at all. Mine is also a year and a half old so there are newer versions available. Just go to Toshiba's site for all the specs on newer models and check it out. The only other thing I would highly recommend is a cooling pad with any laptop you decide on. All laptops run at pretty high temperatures and this will help tremendously. Oh, and get ready for all the laptop haters out there to start talking trash. I run my Skyrim game on ultra with high shadows, ENB ssao, and over 100 mods so don't listen to the garbage about laptops can't run Skyrim decently. From what I've seen from a lot of posts my lappy has better performance than a lot of the desktops people are using. Good luck!

Don't buy Alienware these days. I bought one when they first came out, and it runs smoothly, no FPS hits or anything. Nowadays, they suck.

An Acer looks pretty good. My roomate has one, and he can run Skyrim with around 60 mods and on ultra, and still get some stable performance and FPS. And it's a pretty cheap laptop too.

I dont know if i've ever heard anything good about alienware, lol. There seems to be a common theme of " looks great, poor quality"..

I also hear a lot about " laptops dont run games good", thats why I'm looking for personal experience recommendations from people. That Toshiba does look pretty good btw.

That model is on Ebay new for about 1200$. Dont know if thats a good deal or not at this point because I just started shopping around.

You have a bigger budget so no point in going this low but my Acer with integrated Intel HD Graphics run Skyrim on medium/high settings at around 35 - 45 fps with plenty of mods including some high res textures. It cost me about £350 so that's around $630. Which is pretty cheap.

You have a bigger budget so no point in going this low but my Acer with integrated Intel HD Graphics run Skyrim on medium/high settings at around 35 - 45 fps with plenty of mods including some high res textures. It cost me about £350 so that's around $630. Which is pretty cheap.

Thanks, I'm trying to get an idea of performance vs cost so that helps. It's difficult to know exactly how a game will run on a particular machine until you actually run it.

Again with my advice: Don't buy alienware these days.

They were awesome when they first came out, that's my version, very stable and great quality. You could find one on Ebay or something like that. Worth it, but like I said, only the early versions were good.

Anything with Intel graphics chips is a good computer for games. Intel does good work in graphic cards.