War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got permission to use one of the authors files, just need perms for the model of the terminator now, but the author hasn't been online in quite some time.

Hello SMB92,

i like the idea of "War of the Commonwealth", i also thought about doing a mod like this, but in a better performance-friendy fashion, as the old version is very unstable...

It's nice to see that you picked it up and overhaul it.

Your ideas to tackle the issues are very good.

One thing i wanted to add, are dynamic raider/gunner camps. So when you walk through the woods, you may find some tents, crates and a small group of raiders / gunners. They will spawn, but also disappear after some time. Example would be, you find a camp at night and don't attack it. After the night has passed, the camp will be packed up by the raider and they will leave. If you kill them, their camp will stay longer(till the cell reset will scrap it). Of course there needs to be a cap for active camps etc...

I have similar thoughts, I will play with those sort of things after the more "primitive" systems are at a satisfactory level.

What i might do is have this type of spawn show up on the "wildlife" spawn system, which are points I would be placing in sorta country areas, so the placement would always make sense. We can make an organised arrangement of markers and have another struct/array instead of using static collection or something, or any method that could result in persistance for that matter. Could tweak my cleanup timer to be used for the tod detection instead also.

For now, vertibirds are the subject of research. How to implement them the right way....

Not sure if they have those specifically but that's honestly the random encounter spawn system that's already in the game, non persistent objects and containers and all. So it should be as simple as dropping in New markers and just pointing them at your own custom encounter lists

I love the idea behind this mod, as I have used War in the commonwealth quite a bit. The thing I personally would like to see are the options to completely disable some spawning. Like I don't want any faction spawns at all, and maybe limit the new spawns to certain enemy types, like all ghouls for a zombie apocalypse feel :P

I get that that level of moduality might be a bit much to ask, or maybe it's already possible and I'm just to dumb to figure it out. I just really don't want faction spawns :)

Not sure if they have those specifically but that's honestly the random encounter spawn system that's already in the game, non persistent objects and containers and all. So it should be as simple as dropping in New markers and just pointing them at your own custom encounter lists

I'll do my own anyway, even if just for the thrill of it. I wanted my system to be clean on top of anything vanilla had to offer.

I love the idea behind this mod, as I have used War in the commonwealth quite a bit. The thing I personally would like to see are the options to completely disable some spawning. Like I don't want any faction spawns at all, and maybe limit the new spawns to certain enemy types, like all ghouls for a zombie apocalypse feel :tongue:

I get that that level of moduality might be a bit much to ask, or maybe it's already possible and I'm just to dumb to figure it out. I just really don't want faction spawns :smile:

You will have total control, more than you can probably think of. Just about everything will be allowed to be changed. If you want Ghoul apocalypse, you can have ghoul apocalypse :)

I'm really enjoying WotC. I've been using it along with a couple weapons mods among others. It really changes the feel of the game. I restrict the total active groups to 10 to reduce performance issues.

Although I've experienced a few faction issues such as Railroad Agents attacking caravans, I also have the Another Life mod that may be causing problems as it messes with faction settings. I imagine you have to progress through the main story before you'll see vertibird patrols.

Thank you for keeping that mod active and creating this new one. I'm looking forward to playing it. This mod allows you to play Fallout 4 as an FPS, if you really crank the settings. I even tried setting the game on Very Easy and it was still challenging with the No Remorse preset. I was no match for a Mechanist Assaultron at level 3 :-)

Thanks mikeallen :)

Finally ot a chance to sit down and get some more done today, hoping to get the main setiings menu done by the end of of today