War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update for you folks, before I shoot off to sleep.

Started Main Menu this weekend, didn't get as much of the way through it as I wanted, on account of chopping and changing it a few times :). It's a bloody big menu with so many options. Also had to start offloading some of the major menu functions to Quest stages so I didn't get lost in the menu script :D. Because I want to provide Back and Exit buttons in every menu, this makes it so much harder to script without getting lost. SO I must take my time with it.

I've also made a bit of a fundamental decision, that I will go ahead and create my own LvlCharacters based of all the types of actors, rather than 1 of each of those that are premade. This makes the build time longer, but spawns will be far more random when absolutely every variation of a character available could pop out of one of my spawnpoints :)

So the plan now is to completely fill just 1 region in final form before going to a open alpha/beta. That way it will be much easier to find problems and make tweaks before dropping spawnpoints all over the Commonwealth. I've also deiced to add a few more sub-systems to the main Random Spawns system for good effect. More functions and menus to fill though :/

Im not really sure if this is a stupid question but is this mod available for consoles? I love the mod, it was what i was really looking for when i got fallout 4, but when i first passed it i was a bit dissapointed because of that.

WotC is not on consoles but my new mod will be.

For that matter my mod will be forever free. F*** Creation Club

Sorry for bothering you again but, is your next mod anything like this one?

If you are talking about WOTC, yes it is like WOTC, although a pretty different approach to how it works and a lot more options, a hell of a lot more.

Little update before bed. Setup a lot of the the Master quest fragments this evening, over 1000 lines of code but a bit of that is repetition of functions for subsystems. But this only includes 4 groups in region 1, this is gonna get huge.

Made the decision to have 2 markers now instead of one, to save any future problems with filling properties after updates. We now have a master marker with permanent code, and a slave thats filled and then spawned and activated by the master.

Tomorrow i'll fill out some more of the fragments and globals for more actor types and systems, revise menu again for some new settings.