Is there a console command to enable VATS?

stebbinsd

I don't know if this is a mod or what, but for some reason, whenever I exit Vault 111, I can't enter VATS. Supposedly, my VATS was somehow turned off by some glitch or something.

Is there a console command I can enter to re-enable it?

if you post your load order (in spoiler tags) then someone might be able to help you work out which mod could be causing this problem ;)

the only real suggestion I can offer is trying an earlier save, if you have one.

I'm guessing that you've tried starting a new game and this happens every time.

have you tried a new game with mods disabled?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

And no, there isn't.

Why do you need VATS in 111 anyhow? Have you completed the beginning of the game and left the vault or are you doing the tutorial? Or using a mod, such as Start Me Up, to play without having to do the tutorial? You can't use VATS in the vanilla game until you get the Pip-Boy, so perhaps something has broken. A mod or even the game itself (it's not uncommon for that to happen). You might even have to start again.

This is the chance you take when you play Bethesda games, sadly.

Edited by H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

Why do you need VATS in 111 anyhow? Have you completed the beginning of the game and left the vault

he did say in his post that it is when he leaves V111 so I'd guess he's completed that bit.

stebbinsd, have you gone to Sanctuary? VATS might be a bit wonky before you meet Codsworth. just a guess but worth trying and there are some flies and roaches to test on.

Edited by mighty zog