Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

All I'll say is if you support it then that's fine but if you don't let them know on their social media and on their youtube video. I wont accept this until they either kill it or show legal documentation saying they get 10% and the mod makers get 90% of the profits that is the only way I see this being ok.

IF they want my money then make another game and make it good but don't try to force your way into a process that you are not wanted in and try to take a majority of the money from the people who make it and then take more money from me when half the mods I use are mods that fixed their game in the first place.

Not sure about others but that's what upsets me about this. Its not paying for content. Its paying them money they don't deserve because they aren't the ones making the mods so why should they get any money (I bought the game I paid them for their work). I guarantee they aren't going to pay any of the mod authors an amount of money that would be livable off of. IF they do then I will kindly shove my foot in my mouth. This isn't some kindhearted attempt to give back to the community its an attempt to make as much money as possible while putting forth as little effort as possible. Not to mention if this does kick off whats keeping them from purposely messing up their next game so the mod authors have to sweep in and fix it and then charge the community for the fixes.

I get that it's supposed to be officially supported by Bethesda and like a micro dlc, but all that sounds like to me is them making sure it works and then slapping Bethesda on the front and sending it out and judging by some of the issues that plague fallout and Skyrim I don't really have faith in Bethesda Q and A process.

Edited by bluesunmerc

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize they have the chinese suit in their game files since f3 and all a guy would have to do is minor touches to get it up to date.

So are you saying the chinese stealth suit files are somehow burried in fallout 4 game files?

They own the damn files mate. They have the base .max files they can just open in the modeling program and work on.

Ah thats what you were getting at then, well that costs money and time but yes they could do it but why not let someone else release something as part of their new shiny system instead? Would be nice to know if they did such a thing or not but I think we will find out soon just like last time with steam paid mods where they had content ready to go as soon as they announced it.

its just a walled garden for mods, filthy commie peasants

who exactly are labelling a commie? And what do you actually know about communism? Lets hear your detailed explanation about why communism is such a problem.

As a white male born and bred in Australia with no communist ties whatsoever I might take offence to what your saying, but knowing you probably don't know what your on about I'll let it slide. I will however say I support the likes of Bernie Sanders and Liberal Dems, if you know who they are and what they stand for by small chance, so far your comments seem fairly small minded.

So in future before stepping out from under your bridge to make dumb comments, at least know what your on about.

its just a walled garden for mods, filthy commie peasants

who exactly are labelling a commie? And what do you actually know about communism? Lets hear your detailed explanation about why communism is such a problem.

As a white male born and bred in Australia with no communist ties whatsoever I might take offence to what your saying, but knowing you probably don't know what your on about I'll let it slide. I will however say I support the likes of Bernie Sanders and Liberal Dems, if you know who they are and what they stand for by small chance, so far your comments seem fairly small minded.

So in future before stepping out from under your bridge to make dumb comments, at least know what your on about.

Oops, not sure what I thinking...something about 'furry' but that has nothing to with this topic. :cool:

Edited by Glass1411

Oops, not sure what I thinking...something about 'furry' but that has nothing to with this topic. :cool:

Now now, this is a public forum, the truth could cause a riot.

So let's say modder gets into CC, complies with everything Bethesda asks for, alpha, beta, etc.....mod gets launched and he/she gets pay whatever they pay.

Then that mod becomes super popular, lands over a million downloads (like many of nexus masterpieces had) at $5.....that's 5 million for Bethesda and I doubt the modder will see any of that profit other than his initial payment.

Hell in the end he/she might had made a bigger income out of donations if he stuck with Nexus

So let's say modder gets into CC, complies with everything Bethesda asks for, alpha, beta, etc.....mod gets launched and he/she gets pay whatever they pay.
Then that mod becomes super popular, lands over a million downloads (like many of nexus masterpieces had) at $5.....that's 5 million for Bethesda and I doubt the modder will see any of that profit other than his initial payment.
Hell in the end he/she might had made a bigger income out of donations if he stuck with Nexus

Thats whats gonna result in modders cracking. They'll be happy with thier pitance of whatever Beth/Zeni gives them until they see how much money Beth made off of it. This seems like an overall worse model than the original Modgate, and it's clear the suits up at Zenimax don't give a flying, the E3 ad for CC sounded like it was being delivered by a snake.

how can content creators trust bethesda about the revenue their mods are making? they can just discourage them by saying your mod is not doing well while in reality they're keeping the money. It doesn't even need to happen, the fact that it is POSSIBLE it's the most insulting part.

Edited by kader91

how can content creators trust bethesda about the revenue their mods are making? they can just discourage them by saying your mod is not doing well while in reality they're keeping the money. It doesn't even need to happen, the fact that it is POSSIBLE it's the most insulting part.

From what I've read they don't get money based on downloads they get paid based on development miles stones. Pitching the idea, entering alpha, beta, final release. They wont get paid based on downloads. Which is fine if your mod isn't that great but if you have a popular mod you are loosing out on money.

And considering the "curating" that supposed to happen this mean the best of the best will make it through which ultimately means most will be popular. Its not the idea behind the mod that makes it popular it the hard work that goes into it.