Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

As I read it, they hire you if you have a good idea for a game addition and that's it. That's how freelancing works, you get paid an agreed amount and everything you created is now their property.

That doesn't seem too bad, some modders will want to have a go at it, most other probably not.

What worries me a lot more is that future content is split into hundreds of tiny portions that will all have to bought seperately, and from my experience, stuff you have to buy with dedicated credits in a dedicated shop is almost always more expensive than any DLC. And who knows if there will be any bundles and a discount eventually, I kind of doubt it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of that is good, but I'm not so sure about the part where modders only get a contract payment while Beth reaps the rewards. Especially on custom content, this should be licensed.

I am very fearful of the division that this could cause. To me this is a worse stance than EA/Ubi with the Micro dlc, instead they dont even have to lift a finger to make the content.

I'm not to worried gonna sit back and watch this blow up in Bethesdas face cause a few things will happen.

1.Itll crashes and burn.

2.Itll survive and I'll never play another Bethesda game again and I'm sure many other will stop because let's be real Bethesdas title are not that great with out the community a community they constantly want to try and help and fix when nothing wrong with it in the first place

3. Watch the pr shitstorm hit the fan in the following months

Honestly... Bethesda should remove the policy that people cannot get paid for their mods naturally. What I mean is Bethesda has had patreons pulled for Mods. Some groups have had to make patreons for "videos" or for a "development channel" while staying away from the word "mods" when we all know it's for specifically that. If they allowed that there would be a lot less drama, especially pertaining to Youtubers doing reviews on mods (Yes, we on Nexus do know about that thread in the Developer forum).

Now the 2nd part I want to bring up is that if Bethesda plays their cards right, actually curates the products going through like how Steam does it with TF2 skins but at a grander scale this could work out. This would mean that you wont get mods that are treated as ads, or freemium mods with not all of the concepts. Instead they are either completely free, or completely paid via their creation site. Yes, we may get a lesser form of grand mods, but hey that's business and I think people do agree that those who make spectacular mods that have little to no issues should get paid for, or at least have donations, or have a patreon.

I think bethesda regrets building its modding platform on something that isn't proprietary, because i'm sure thinking bethedas next game engine will use a more proprietary file extension to exert more control over the scene and funnel more money into there platform. I'm also sure other publishers are looking at this with hungry eyes.

edit, i'm talking about the file extension because when the payed mods first came about, the mod files immediately poped up as a torrent. i'm thinking for the next game they will use a custom "mod user" friendly proprietary mod launcher which only works with the new file extension is able to work with.

if any companys are watching this thread, hire me

Edited by warlord24

question is still in air, will they give CC additional tools and unfair advantage?

Obviously the people that get selected get access to inhouse tools and workflows, but most likely under an NDA. Since you have to sign a contract using your real life details, you can't just go around giving out what you know.

I swear ill stop playing i can't get used to dlc's already and now microtransactions are flooding the whole industry no f*#@ing way that im accepting that.... I already consider the law shouldnt allow devs to make a profit out of additionnal content after they sold you a copy, now they are going to extent i wouldnt even had tought id see in nightmares.. I feel like as a custommers i am entitled to all the content since i *!%*Y!"*$/! paid 60-120$.. Seriously i can't think of any existing product where the seller is allowed to trade you incomplete product for your money(unless its spare parts for a car or something) They all sell empty broken games already and now these company's are trying to turn our heroes aggainst us with money.. Now not only we will get empty broken games we gonna f*#@ing pay surplus only so it get fixed.. They litterally gave themselves an incentive to keep reducing content in their games, why giving away good content if you can cut it and sell it incognito in microtransactions AKA creation club... E3 2017 is a disaster... I was all hyped for some RPG's announcement and now i feel like giving up on games... How hell...

question is still in air, will they give CC additional tools and unfair advantage?

Obviously the people that get selected get access to inhouse tools and workflows, but most likely under an NDA. Since you have to sign a contract using your real life details, you can't just go around giving out what you know.

That is "awesome"...

I swear ill stop playing i can't get used to dlc's already and now microtransactions are flooding the whole industry no f***ing way that im accepting that.... I already consider the law shouldnt allow devs to make a profit out of additionnal content after they sold you a copy, now they are going to extent i wouldnt even had tought id see in nightmares.. I feel like as a custommers i am entitled to all the content since i *!%*Y!"*$/! paid 60-120$.. Seriously i can't think of any existing product where the seller is allowed to trade you incomplete product for your money(unless its spare parts for a car or something) They all sell empty broken games already and now these company's are trying to turn our heroes aggainst us with money.. Now not only we will get empty broken games we gonna f***ing pay surplus only so it get fixed.. They litterally gave themselves an incentive to keep reducing content in their games, why giving away good content if you can cut it and sell it incognito in microtransactions AKA creation club... E3 2017 is a disaster... I was all hyped for some RPG's announcement and now i feel like giving up on games... How hell...

Do you own the game? You payed for it already? Good. Beth cares not about you.

You won't play more Beth games? Beth don't care! Many others will.

Wellcome to capitalism, friend! The company has no legal or moral obligation to you beyond the licence you agreed to when you installed/booted the game for the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you stop supporting mods on new games by not playing them, tho, you're hurting modders and the mod community and giving Beth an excuse to elliminate free (as in "anyone can do them") mods in their next games, killing the very thing that brings us here.

Stop the kneejerk reactions, people. Beth needed a way to bring mods to PS4 and to be able to pay modders for outstanding jobs. This is the best way they found. Other companies take measures to prevent you from modding their proucts, Beth is willing to even pay you for it.

You guys have been screaming you wanted to be paid, but when you're offered payment you reject it 'cause it's not on your terms? That's not even infantile, it's dumb.

The only way this can be bad for modding is if we purposely try to kill it with reactions like this. They provided a platform to adress legal issues many modders have; if this is good or bad is in OUR hands.

Be responsible towards the scene and make this a GOOD thing.

We can blame Beth for effin' up in game, or for not doing proper support; we can't blame it for being a for-profit company or for trying to help us modders get paid for our work IF WE SO DESIRE. We have only OURSELVES to blame for how the community reacts and the consequences of our collective behaviour.

Edited by jhondidfool