Behtesda jsut announced locking mods behind a pay wall

rwillia157

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, what if the modders take the mods down everywhere? The mods are not existing anymore, right? So they can submit this mods?

I'm fairly certain that is not how it will work.

That isn't how it works.

Seems to me people on Steam and elsewhere are discussing what Creation Club is not - paid mods

Player made mods on the Workshop and Bethesda Net and Nexus are still free

and Bethesda have said that will continue as is

Creation Club is the introduction of official in-game microtransactions in single player Bethesda games

That is worth discussing

If some modders are able to benefit from getting onboard with Bethesda to develop official in-game DLC I say good for them

Players can decide for themselves whether they want to buy anything or not

Creation Club DLC and player made mods are not the same thing

But that distinction is being lost in the discussion imo

One thing does trouble me...
with the introduction of official in-game microtransactions in single player Bethesda games
Will this mean they may not provide a player creation kit for future games
??
Edited by davidwalshireland

Seems to me people on Steam and elsewhere are discussing what Creation Club is not - paid mods

Player made mods on the Workshop and Bethesda Net and Nexus are still free

and Bethesda have said that will continue as is

Creation Club is the introduction of official in-game microtransactions in single player Bethesda games

That is worth discussing

If some modders are able to benefit from getting onboard with Bethesda to develop official in-game DLC I say good for them

Players can decide for themselves whether they want to buy anything or not

Creation Club DLC and player made mods are not the same thing

But that distinction is being lost in the discussion imo

One thing does trouble me...
with the introduction of official in-game microtransactions in single player Bethesda games
Will this mean they may not provide a player creation kit for future games
??

Bethesda would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't release the creation kit. Not just from a PR Perspective. If you want top quality content creators they need to start somewhere. Creation kit being free let's the next major modder make their mod. If the major modder decides to make creation club content it benifits bethesda.

I think it mainly for the games to last longer since the player and few of the devs can make dlcs sized mods. Since the modders will get paid for the work hours, this encourages them to do said dlc mods.

I don't mind buying for a large mod that very well done myself. And if the modders was getting paid fairly while the mod itself hard to pirate, then I don't mind the system. Steam work was a shitty idea, this may last.

Seems like they are pouring a lot of time and resources into 2 older games. I wonder if this is groundwork for a new game next year

Clearly there is 1 or more executive who sees a profit in modding. First time was a trial balloon that was shot down

For me to pay it has to be lore friendly, feels like it could/should be part of base game

Right now there are a lot of mods that I enjoy but I could live without. If this turns into the next version of texture/weather/dialogue improvements are paid then that's upsetting

Seems like they are pouring a lot of time and resources into 2 older games. I wonder if this is groundwork for a new game next year

Clearly there is 1 or more executive who sees a profit in modding. First time was a trial balloon that was shot down

For me to pay it has to be lore friendly, feels like it could/should be part of base game

Right now there are a lot of mods that I enjoy but I could live without. If this turns into the next version of texture/weather/dialogue improvements are paid then that's upsetting

it will most likely fail for who will even pay for credits then any nexus author can make an superb verision for free

Edited by Guest

it will most likely fail for who will even pay for credits then any nexus author can make an superb verision for free

Any mod maker can make a complete version of a complex and beautiful quest mod?Sure.

Any mod maker can make a complete version of a complex and beautiful quest mod?Sure.

this feuture wont win and beth will probly loose most mod authors for i think this will end same ways as steams

this feuture wont win and beth will probly loose most mod authors for i think this will end same ways as steams

How do you know? Are you a clairvoyant ? You got a direct lane with Who and he told you it will fail?