TUTORIAL: Assign Meshes to NEW Body Parts

FavoredSoul

You obviously know more then me. Does the 3DIndex match between the Nif and the Plugin? I have not idea what that means (you don't have to explain it) but I hear that matters.

What's the 3DIndex? I'm by the way also not that informed about this i just write down what stands there and what i tried . :P

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even get past the first step. How do i load the esp file into the creation kit? i tried loading it under data, and dragging the file onto the object window and NOTHING happens. this is all i got

p.s. should also mention this is my first time using the creation kit

Edited by izanagi33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm still confused if I'm doing this with body armours, because they have bodyshape and a lot of NiTriShape in nifskope.

I've try change the Body Part to match with CK. (e.g: I change the slot to 46 in CK, and then open the armour mesh and edit it to match it) I've follow your guide but then the item isnt showing in game, but it show I'm equipping the armour.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"Load your *.esp file in the Creation Kit"

what if there is no .esp file? the mod i'm looking at only has a mesh and a texture folder. it replaces an existing hat in the game. basically i want this hat http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4198/?

to act like this hat, as in being able to wear it with physics hair. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18113/?

keep in mind, i'm a total newb involving anything outside of NMM and LOOT.

You first have to intall the mod, then look for the folder where the installed mesh was put into in your Data\meshes folder. Because there's no .esp to load and it's technically dealing with a vanilla item, when you save your changes in CK it will ask you to create a new .esp for that change. That .esp should be saved under your Data folder (where all your other .esp's are) and you have to activate .esp in NMM. Check the box under your Plugins tab, as an esp won't be activated if it was simply dropped into the Data folder.)

You first have to intall the mod, then look for the folder where the installed mesh was put into in your Data\meshes folder. Because there's no .esp to load and it's technically dealing with a vanilla item, when you save your changes in CK it will ask you to create a new .esp for that change. That .esp should be saved under your Data folder (where all your other .esp's are) and you have to activate .esp in NMM. Check the box under your Plugins tab, as an esp won't be activated if it was simply dropped into the Data folder.)

figured that part out lol. thanks.