TUTORIAL: Assign Meshes to NEW Body Parts

FavoredSoul

This is the kind of information I have been looking for but I am running into an issue and am unsure of where I am going wrong.

This is what I am trying to do and what I am doing:

I want to change the item slot numbers of the hotpants and stockings from the Bouncy Bodices and Booties mod because they conflict with 2 other mods I run (hotpants with Immersive Jewelry's Torcs and the stockings with succubus race's wings and tail) The hotpants are using slot 45 and the stockings are using slot 60, now what I want to do is to change the hotpants to 57 which I am currently not using and the stockings to 58 which is also not being utilized.

This is what I have done:

Changed the slot numbers in the Creation Kit under both armor and armor addon as shown, opened BSAOptx64 to extract the meshes from the Bouncy Bodices BSA because that is where the meshes are located, used Nifskope as shown to change the item numbers of each mesh individually as shown.

Now my issue is this, once I have the meshes extracted and changed I assume they need to be reincorporated back into the BSA, I have tried doing this also using BSAOpt64 but it doesn't seem to be working and I am unsure as to whether something needs to be changed somewhere to account for the fact that the meshes location has changed if I decide to try and take that route instead of trying to put the altered nifs back into the BSA. What I currently have is the ability to change the slots allowing for no equipping conflicts yet the new items are still invisible in game which I assume that I am going wrong somewhere when it comes to doing the meshes?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where do i find vanilla un altered nif files to alter? because i couldn't find any and the vanilla iron helmet that i changed to a circlet for use with physics hair became invisible. help?

You have to extract it from the Skyrim - Meshes.bsa file. under your Data folder, for which you will need a BSA file extractor.

• 2 weeks later...

When I expand NiTriShape branch, there is no BSDismemberSkinInstance. What am I gonna do now? :o

Edit: Ok, I learned that if mesh has NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberSkinInstance, only changing in CK is enough.

Edited by AvalonExco

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've tried following the guide, but I'm still getting invisible meshes for my equipment (HN66 Mage Nails, trying to change it from 54 to 58) even after changing out the BSDismemberSkinInstance on nifskope and changing the armor and armoraddon properties in the CK. Some help would be much appreciated!

For what it's worth, the version of nifskope I'm using it 2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 5.

This is the kind of information I have been looking for but I am running into an issue and am unsure of where I am going wrong.

This is what I am trying to do and what I am doing:

I want to change the item slot numbers of the hotpants and stockings from the Bouncy Bodices and Booties mod because they conflict with 2 other mods I run (hotpants with Immersive Jewelry's Torcs and the stockings with succubus race's wings and tail) The hotpants are using slot 45 and the stockings are using slot 60, now what I want to do is to change the hotpants to 57 which I am currently not using and the stockings to 58 which is also not being utilized.

This is what I have done:

Changed the slot numbers in the Creation Kit under both armor and armor addon as shown, opened BSAOptx64 to extract the meshes from the Bouncy Bodices BSA because that is where the meshes are located, used Nifskope as shown to change the item numbers of each mesh individually as shown.

Now my issue is this, once I have the meshes extracted and changed I assume they need to be reincorporated back into the BSA, I have tried doing this also using BSAOpt64 but it doesn't seem to be working and I am unsure as to whether something needs to be changed somewhere to account for the fact that the meshes location has changed if I decide to try and take that route instead of trying to put the altered nifs back into the BSA. What I currently have is the ability to change the slots allowing for no equipping conflicts yet the new items are still invisible in game which I assume that I am going wrong somewhere when it comes to doing the meshes?

If you place the meshes in the appropriate folder (corresponding to what BSAOpt created for you) under your main data\mesh folder, the game will use that one since it utilizes loose files before looking for a BSA.

• 2 months later...
I have a problem (obvious).

I did everything I found here and in other posts, as a result I am using aradia living armor and liberator armor at the same time, but the aradia is replacing the Liberator model instead of the two appear at the same time.

Liberator = slot 32

Aradia = slot 46

If it were the other way, I would even accept it, because I want the aradia as if it were intimate underwear, but that is not the case. Would anyone know how to fix it?

What I've already done:

I changed all the nifs of the aradia from 32 to 46 and modified with the help of sck the slots from 32 to 46, with TESVedit I made this new .esp use the .esp of the aradia as if it were an .esm.

I have a problem (Naturally) Heres a picture - http://prntscr.com/c28m6c

it says spb_32_body (I think) ive tried changing the number in the middle, but that doesnt work. Now im stuck with nothing to do, while im confused af.

Please tell me how to fix this

My Meshes are invis btw

That is a drop down menu. Double click on it then scroll to the slot you want. Use TesVedit (easier than CK) to change both armor AND armor add-on values.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the dreaded invisible item problem.

I have some glasses from Skyrim Accessories that half the armor in the game hides, because it is assigned to slot 52. So I want to change it to slot 55.

So I open CK from Mod Organizer and change the slot to 55:

http://i.imgur.com/ytldWI3.jpg

And I changed it NIFskope (both of them):

#1 http://i.imgur.com/IYTGbU2.jpg

#2 http://i.imgur.com/LAC4m35.jpg

(I did this by launching NS from MO, and on it's own. Neither method worked)

Everything went exactly as the tutorial said... except that the NIFskope slot wasn't just "55", but "SBP_55_MOD_FACE_JEWELRY". When I manually punched in 55, it defaulted to this selection as well.

Any ideas what I did wrong? The tutorial seemed so simple...

Bonus Question: Is it possible for an item to not have a slot? That way it can be worn, displayed, but not use any slots?

Edited by dickdeck