Borderlands 2 Trailer and release date

HellsMaster

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ok ok From what I know, there's gonna be some major changes to gameplay, namely totaly different driving mechanics, and totaly revamped weaponry.

The following information is semi-official and should be considered reasonably accurate unless proven otherwise.

Tediore guns can no longer be reloaded: rather, when they run out of ammunition, you throw them at the enemy, at which point they explode. The production team have reffered to Tediore's new guns as "plasticy" and "wal-mart guns" It's believed there is also a chance they may explode in your hands.

Dahl makes a return, their weapons retain many of the existing traits that made them good for mid-range combat, however they will recieve a new, unique aesthetic, with Dahl guns getting a 21st century, military aesthetic.

Vladof: you don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets! Well, Vladof have guns have just become more accurate, featuring multiple minigun style barrels and recievers, resulting in minigun-type weapons with collosal firing rate.

Hyperion remains, but has recieved a sci-fi style makeover.

Atlas is gone, you put them out of business in Borderlands #1.

S&S is gone, however their niche has been taken by the Bandits, who now make their own homebrew "moonshine" guns.

No mention of Maliwan :(

Jacobs has been described by the production team as having been given a makover to make them "a bit more rustic" and "truly old-western looking". However, it still only takes on shot.

Torgue guns are now more high-tech than ever, they now use Gyrojet ammunition, and will behave like firearms from the WarHammer 40,000 universe, the only major scifi which features gyrojet projectiles.

All four original characters will make appearances, with speaking roles.

Improved smg's anyone :teehee: I mean that is the only gun i ever used in borderlands that did any real damage other then sniper rifles witch reloaded slow. Edited by Thor.

I solo'd him so many times on my 360, both with the hunter then siren. Killed him about 10 times before he dropped a teal weapon, the rarest and best weapons in the game which only he drops.

no...you didnt.

Hope that Eridian weapons (If there are any) will be more useful this time around. They were crap in the last game because they took several minutes to regenerate ammo that runs out in seconds.

they werent soo bad once you leveled up your skill with them for a bit. the lightning shotgun they had could like OHKO most things in the game, and once your skill was up, it recharged pretty fast.

Unfortunately, leveling up with them also meant you basically had to specialize in them, and thus you had to use a handicapped weapon the entire game. Prefer my machine gun that fire 1600 rounds with one pull of the trigger for epic damage.

I solo'd him so many times on my 360, both with the hunter then siren. Killed him about 10 times before he dropped a teal weapon, the rarest and best weapons in the game which only he drops.

no...you didnt.

yes .. i did. using the glitch but after i power leveled my siren farming him i didnt use the glitch. i used the siren to farm him from then on. i think only the siren can solo him without using the glitch due to phase walk.

video of someone using the glitch

OMG. Hector you just showed me Crawmerax the Invincible. Now I know that it is taller than Skagzilla and bigger than Mothrakk, god when I get Borderlands GOTY I will play the DLC except DLC3 to death and level up my Hunter to dominate him. Also is his level fixed at 72?