CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I like both the same it all depends on what you want it for. I swap and change for different playthroughs and new compatible armours that get released that I want to try out, and would recommend anyone else do the same to get the best of both worlds.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Question: If you guys talk about unp, you're talking about http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6709 or http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25080

The first & original DIMONIZED UNP by dimon99

The second link is based on and does require the first, it's a change in mesh but needs at least the original textures from dimon99

i know that the second is based on the first but my question was if you guys are using only the original or you're using original + version 2?

Oh... well since the second come out long after this thread started I would hazard to guess that most of the posts refer to using the original.

the version 2 isn't a new version of DIMONIZED UNP but rather a new version of UNP Curvy

As for me, I've got 9 of 10 races using Dimonized UNP and 1 race using the old UNP Curvy. Until the preferred underwear body replacer gets adapted to the new UNP Curvy I'll keep using the old version of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I greatly prefer CBBE over UNP. To me, when I look at UNP, I see everything that was wrong with how anorexic women were idealized. Too skinny with bony hips. When I went looking at armor mods for UNP, a lot of them have low-riding thongs half-way up the butt crack. I do not find this attractive at all. I can't help but say out loud "someone please give that woman a sandwich, her bones are sticking out of her skin!". To compound matters, there are a lot of armor mods available for CBBE. I see a lot of posts about how unrealistic CBBE is, but you are fighting dragons and casting magic. I grew up reading sword and sorcery comics. For me, I like to relive that in Skyrim. CBBE and the mods out there make that a viable option. If I wanted to relive anorexic bulimic models with their bony hips, I know what mod to get though.

Toned body with ribbed abs and bones sticking out is usually the result of a lot of hard work.

Anorexic people don't get hips and legs like that.

And no, I wouldn't eat sandwiches even if I intend to gain weight. Bad carbs mostly.

UNP is a more realistic one. And let me begin with this perfect post by bodyrock.tv

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2009/10/07/being-fit-vs-being-skinny/

Being fit with being skinny. UNP is more about fit, then skinny. Especially with fitness normal maps. Those are not ribs, those are muscles.

And I think that fits with Skyrim universe. They are strong women, they fight a lot, they run a lot.

About hard work.

To be skinny you should just limit your food.

To be fit with nice thin body, but not just a moving skeleton - you must not just limit your food, but watch over what your eat, and spend a lot of time working out your body.

Edited by Nixellion

In my personal view UNP has the more satisfying body to look at.

I have played all the Elder scrolls games (so far) and my all time favorite body mod is the HGEC for Oblivion. I know it is not the most realistic body mod, but if wanted to see "real" I would go to my local college bar. I wish someone would tell me if there was a body mod similar to HGEC for Skyrim, but all I see are flat chests or extremely saggy chests. Why can we not have tried and true version? Also, I will donate to anyone brings back the Apachii goddess store from Oblivion. Below is an image of (what I believe) are the best body & armor mods of all time together. Enjoy! :)

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Evilspock666/2012-03-11_00001.jpg