CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

CBBE, Skinniest settings possible. UNP just looks droopy to me. :armscrossed: Though I will gladly admit on the normal/large settings CBBE is just stupid. Also, there is like ZERO good Khajiit textures for UNP, so there's that.

Large B to Small C is the perfect breast size for me, and I tend to like a decent sized ass more then boobs anyways

(I'm a gay guy who always plays as a girl on my games by the way, haha :thumbsup: So it's not about 'getting off' for me. )

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried both bodies, and I have to say I prefer the realistic proportions of UNP, but CBBE has a certain... bounce to it that's very appealing. ;)

That said, as of today, I've uninstalled UNP in favor of Realistic Body System. It's designed by VadersApp, the author of the highly successful VORB mod for Oblivion, and does essentially the same thing as its predecessor - it gives NPCs varied body types, and changes the vanilla clothes to match their new shapes. However, it's got a distinct advantage over VORB, in that it takes NPC skills into account and uses that data to determine their body type. It is also scripted to take their jobs into account (I'm not sure if VadersApp uses combatstyle to determine this, or if he's tailored it for each individual NPC, seeing as how there are no "classes" in Skyrim), so beggars, for instance, will always be skinny.

I've yet to return home and see what RBS has done to my already less-than-attractive orc wife, so I'm a little afraid... but that's just part of the fun!

I've tried both bodies, and I have to say I prefer the realistic proportions of UNP, but CBBE has a certain... bounce to it that's very appealing. ;)

That said, as of today, I've uninstalled UNP in favor of Realistic Body System. It's designed by VadersApp, the author of the highly successful VORB mod for Oblivion, and does essentially the same thing as its predecessor - it gives NPCs varied body types, and changes the vanilla clothes to match their new shapes. However, it's got a distinct advantage over VORB, in that it takes NPC skills into account and uses that data to determine their body type. It is also scripted to take their jobs into account (I'm not sure if VadersApp uses combatstyle to determine this, or if he's tailored it for each individual NPC, seeing as how there are no "classes" in Skyrim), so beggars, for instance, will always be skinny.

I've yet to return home and see what RBS has done to my already less-than-attractive orc wife, so I'm a little afraid... but that's just part of the fun!

I have seen that mod and do like the idea behind it, but two things bother me about it .... would it conflict with the 'clothing' (Elaborate Textiles) mod I use? I would much rather keep the clothes the NPC's have in my game rather than swap them out for random generates from a variety of mods and vanilla's....And it only does females, I would much prefer the males be balanced in the mod too, would look odd to me with such varying female shapes, but the males all remain fit, brawny or thin.

Edited by StayFrosty05

From what VadersApp has said, he's working on male bodies now, and the results are looking promising. As for the clothing issues, my understanding is that it's a simple matter of load order. If you install Elaborate Textiles after RBS, there shouldn't be any conflicts. However, it's possible that the ET clothes won't show the body shape granted by RBS if they're UNP based (I don't know if they are or not, having never used ET).

From what VadersApp has said, he's working on male bodies now, and the results are looking promising. As for the clothing issues, my understanding is that it's a simple matter of load order. If you install Elaborate Textiles after RBS, there shouldn't be any conflicts. However, it's possible that the ET clothes won't show the body shape granted by RBS if they're UNP based (I don't know if they are or not, having never used ET).

I have just been reading through the comments on the thread also....yep, I saw his comments about working on the males, that is good to read....As for Elaborate Textiles, though I use the CBBE body...the mod is designed for the vanilla body and would need to be converted to CBBE for it to work with Vadars mod from what I understood in his thread.....Once he comes out with males too and hopefully the maker of Elaborate Textiles would be open to CBBE and Favoredsoul conversions of his wonderful mod, I would then be a very happy user of Vadars mod, it certainly is a brilliant mod.... :happy:

I've looked into that mod too and while I'm not a big CBBE fan, I believe with my mod Unique Races and possibly even with Unique Everything It might just be possible to have the diversity of Realistc Body System with diverse playble races too.... even UNP bodies. I'm not too sure about armor, hopefully he has options to not diversify certain armor mods and so UNP gear could be used soley for the player.

• 1 month later...

It's really largely a matter of taste, as some have said. It's not an issue of breast size, since UNP has the UNPB variation which is just as pneumatic as CBBE, and CBBE has slim sizes too, plus there's Bodyslide for both now.

It's even getting to the state where it's not even an issue of armors anymore - UNP/UNPB conversions are coming thick and fast and there is both a lore-friendly replacer and several skimpy ones.

So it's really a question of what you prefer, and the specific costs and benefits of both bodies (and also what you prefer in the beast races, I guess).

Generally, UNP looks great, realistic and highly detailed from the front and back, but has two problems - the arch in the back is too pronounced from the side (the back looks almost broken), and only one face mod (All in One) doesn't give a neck seam (Coverwomen, Bella, and several others, all give neck seams, although the Coverwomen UNP gives less than the others, apart from All in One).

CBBE also looks great, but overall is a bit more "plasticky" looking, less hyper-realistic than UNP, plus it has really weird stretching of the abdomen under the breasts when the character's torso turns. UNP has a bit of that too, but it seems less pronounced and weird-looking.

I applaud the moves towards NPC variety as some people have mentioned up the thread. There's no reason why players with powerful PCs can't have a much greater variety of NPC body types in their game, and have their character unique, and that's probably the way ahead (also to avoid the jarring "sexy old lady" syndrome :) ). That would also be a way of utilizing some of the other body type variants (i.e. the chubby, or less Barbie-like variants, including Vanilla, which actually is pretty good in itself).

(Note: Both CBBE and UNP/B have jiggly physics mod variants (called "CHSBC/BBP" and "BBP"), and jiggly armors to match (though a bit less for UNP/B). The jiggly mod to look out for is TBBP, which has an astounding - almost hypnotic :) - level of realism and really raises the bar where that kind of thing is concerned. The only problem with TBBP is that there's almost zero clothing/armor for it at this time, I think only 2 conversions and no replacers yet.)