CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

This thread has been going on for ages. Ye gods.

I use CBBE, because I don't like big breasts, but do like curves and think they make a woman look more feminine. I've never really liked UNP, and I'll just leave it at that. It comes down to preference.

So, can someone using the CBBE body wear vanilla armor coming from mods without problems?

If you use Caliente's armour pack, then yes. The outfits that would cause the most issues (the 'skimpier' ones, such as two of the 'Fur' armours, and the Forsworn ones) have already been covered, while those that haven't been converted yet cover up enough skin for it to be no problem. They'll just still be in the vanilla shape.

As for modded armour/clothes...well, almost everything that works fine with CBBE has been added to the mod list, found on the CBBE mod page's Forums tab. There are even several vanilla or UNP outfits on there that work fine with it, due to not being skimpy.

Edited by Jeir

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, can someone using the CBBE body wear vanilla armor coming from mods without problems?

If you use Caliente's armour pack, then yes. The outfits that would cause the most issues (the 'skimpier' ones, such as two of the 'Fur' armours, and the Forsworn ones) have already been covered, while those that haven't been converted yet cover up enough skin for it to be no problem. They'll just still be in the vanilla shape.

As for modded armour/clothes...well, almost everything that works fine with CBBE has been added to the mod list, found on the CBBE mod page's Forums tab. There are even several vanilla or UNP outfits on there that work fine with it, due to not being skimpy.

Oh. I was wondering because of the Tribunal robes and Immersive Armors.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided I wanted both. so I installed CBBE, and smashed UNP into it

Does that mean you can use mods for both at the same time too ?

I was just thinking how much this is actually hurting modding, there is a lot of nice stuff out there that is restricted to either of the 2 body sets so you'd never be able to use all..

Is it working so far?

i actually did this too.

for normal cbbe was a mashup between Caliente, mak, and Keo and the unp ones i just used a chainmail texture from a different mod so there wouldn't be any texture flaws.

Is it working so far?

i actually did this too.

for normal cbbe was a mashup between Caliente, mak, and Keo and the unp ones i just used a chainmail texture from a different mod so there wouldn't be any texture flaws.

And does any clothing mods that requires either CBBE or UNP or the Vanilla body (like the Tribunal robes) work with your mix?

And does any clothing mods that requires either CBBE or UNP or the Vanilla body (like the Tribunal robes) work with your mix?

The way armor works is that they have their own body _0 (weight slider 0) and _1 (weight slider 100) meshes that completely replace whatever body they're being put on, with the only thing they're inheriting from the body they're replacing is the skin texture. The problem that comes from this is that CBBE, UNP, and vanilla bodies use different UV maps, which is basically the blueprint for body textures, so if you use an armor that has a different UV map than the body it's being put on, it'll just blindly try to use the skin based on its own blueprint - hence breaks in texture and neck/wrist seams.

This isn't a problem for armor mods like Tribunal Robes that don't show any skin. The only thing you'll notice is that the body shape isn't the same.

And to stay on topic, I voted for CBBE. Bodyslide is an awesome tool that invalidates any arguments of the body being unrealistic. Don't like the shape? Change it in bodyslide, it's a bloody simple program to use. Not so simple for modders to make Bodyslide compatible armors, sadly.

• 1 month later...

Neutral user here.

I just bought Skyrim PC since it was on sale. I already played everything on Skyrim xbox and mainly bought it for the mods. I sat here for an hour or more comparing the two mods and reading through this thread for an idea on which to pick. I honestly find most of the UNP fans absolutely crazy. The UNP models are higher texture quality and their unmentionables are far more realistic but, other than that, they all have terribly unrealistic proportions and or are way too manly. If you are looking for a manly woman or what we might imagine lots of Skyrim women to look like, go for UNP.

If you want realistic shape, go for CBBE. I think large breasts is a pointless complaint to make because its obviously customizable and you can easily adjust to make them normal sizes. Texture quality would be the most valid complaint but as I said, their shape in CBBE is much more realistic than UNP.

This is from a person who had never used both until now and giving opinions on a realism standpoint of the real world not skyrim.

UNP because there are as far as I know alot more skins for it that has some proper texture to it. UNP at least has some textures where you can see some density. CBBE textures to my knowledge it all looks like plastic. I even tried some sweat on it but didnt help much.