CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Don't get why people are dissing' on CBBE ... It's been around forever, it has mass support and it was never broke in the 1st place ...

I also use the bodyslider and could create any type of body I wanted. People say UNP looks more real. Never did understand that as

you can add any type of texture you wish and with the bodyslider create any shape you wish ... Why reinvent the wheel ...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why reinvent the wheel? (can't get quote to work as I want)

1. Not everyone prefers large breasts.

2. Not everyone wants to spend the time adjusting armor since not all armor comes with a bodyslide preset.

3. Some are just non-conformists.

All any of it comes down too

Does the body your going to use have outfits and other stuff you want to use?

That's it, in a nutshell for most typical end-user.

Beyond that the topic is commonly most often used as a vehicle for trolling, causing much drama, and hurting mod authors.

There is a long standing tradition going way back and the common cry is also noticeable, "Why no CBBE?" this very statement is known to be meant to force another person to do something. Any normal person who has been involved with modding Skyrim from the beginning knows for fact this is a common troll statement given at every single outfit or other non-CBBE item.

People also like very much using it as a vehicle to force other's to conform to their idea set. Forced conforming stands against the idea of creative freedom, thanks trolls.

This topic generally has caused a lot of strife for people that very much are capable of producing actual bodies from scratch, if you look around and know who's who and whats what you would know that this was true. That of course doesn't mean much to the typical gamer but for those individuals its a source of pain.

Edited by gamefever

Why reinvent the wheel? (can't get quote to work as I want)

1. Not everyone prefers large breasts.

2. Not everyone wants to spend the time adjusting armor since not all armor comes with a bodyslide preset.

3. Some are just non-conformists.

1 .Then don't make them large ...

2. Most armor don't need to be changed ... (but, can be changed to fit more then perfectly)

3. drrr

I prefer UNP, it's much more realistic. CBBE is nice but it's just too much and kinda looks like anime proportions. I use UNP but I do have CBBE on MO just in case I see an armor I love that isn't for UNP.

• 1 month later...

For what I have seen on unp and cbbe followers, unp are way more skinny, very thin legs, which I dont like and certainly find unrealistic. I like a bit chubby, regular-girl bodytype, Unp for me is like a super model, on cbbe you can choose the size of breast and everything, so it can look like the regular girl you see on the street, sort of. Which I use? I dont know, I installed CBBE, but I play the Tempress race, which is made on UNP, so.. Its an unp with cbbe textures? Maybe.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

CBBE has a huge amount of options in many regards compared to UNP. I really like UNP's contributing artiest more often when it comes to gear and clothing but the bulk more options for CBBE wins out most the time with me. People complain about the body being unrealistic and childishly perverse are hipsters though. 1.) We add "nudity" to a child game and that's perverted 2.) We add nudity to a "child's game" and many would say that's immature. The only way to weigh these again each other is to compare how they preform for you in your build in helping you archive your vision goals. That being said though CBBE doesn't know what a palvis is some times. Looks odd when I notice.

Body slide has a UNP preset on it and it has been there a long while. Any difference in the two has really comes down to original support for armor mods now. If you can personally create your own body slide preset for a custom armor then there is no diffence, practically.

There's more armor adapted for UNP than there is for CBBE, though that is not to say there isn't a lot adapted for CBBE. They have one thing in common though - most of the stuff made for the bodies have been skimpy stuff :/.

CBBE's name was also changed from Big Bottom(because it was originally about bodys with big butts I think) to Beautiful Bodies. I believe that bodyslide/outfit studio allows for you to make just about any shape you want that vastly deviates from the initial intended design. Having said that, the author had did a good job with her mod in making it as available and user friendly as possible to all that preferred to use it.

Edited by Rasikko