DX9 Ram Limit got fixed but Mod Organizer no longer works...

Hasanch0o

Im not sure why but im currently on build 16241 and the RAM limit has been fixed but only to ultimately ruin my Skyrim since Mod Organizer doesnt seem to work anymore. My guess is that Microsoft is making their anti mawlare more aggressive and because MO uses a cheat-like way to run the mods with hooks(or whatever they are called), now when you try to run Skyrim from MO no mods actually load. They work but only if you put them in the Skyrim folder. ENBSeries works cuz its in my Skyrim Folder. Launching SKSE from MO seems to work but im not 100% sure. Im posting this here because ive heard that the author of MO is now working for NMM and i want as many people to see this. Also the fix is from build 16232 + so DONT upgrade from 16232 to 16241. Sadly my upgrade is from build 15andsomething and when i revert my windows build i go back to the RAM bugged build. Also does anybody have a link to build 16232? This Windows Insider downloads only the latest builds it seems.

I was able to request build 16232 through the insider program. I forgot exactly how I searched through but there is a way to request it and they give you a temporary link that's only good for a day. You then download the ISO and i burned it onto a DVD and installed from the media

This problem may potentially be resolved in the final release-ready build. Things like this are common on insider builds.

I dont think so. Mod Organizer is like a hack and now it gets blocked. The authors of MO need to resolve it to make it compatible with the update when it comes.

This problem may potentially be resolved in the final release-ready build. Things like this are common on insider builds.

I dont think so. Mod Organizer is like a hack and now it gets blocked. The authors of MO need to resolve it to make it compatible with the update when it comes.

I feel confident they will work on fixing the problem if it turns out to still be present in the public release build, but I don't believe they will do anything about a test-insider build. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

Yes but its not that simple. 1st - from what I've heard the author of MO has been hired by NMM team and MO might aswell be abandoned (not 100% sure).

2nd - that hook.dll MO uses to launch the mods while they arent even in the game folder is the core of MO. It might require the MO team to completely recreate MO if we are unlucky.

Please see this post I made, 2nd page, concerns 3rd party apps on test builds. Hope it helps you fix it.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5825812-dx9-vram-has-been-fixed/

I tried it again and it didnt work. Also Skyrim crashes when i try to play my save which is normal since it has 123098 mods but i tried to start a new game without mods from the vanilla launcher to see if atleast skse loads since i have it installed in the Skyrim folder and it still crashed. Build - 16257... Each build gets more f***ed up.

EDIT

Just read in another thread about this and someone said that microsoft has made a fix and it should be fixed in windows insider 16289 + or something like that. Will try it right f*#@ing now.

Edited by Hasanch0o