New update, new problems (CTD)

andiders

It's the same in my case....Ran great for a few days and then the "update" came out. Now all of my saves.....400+ are now all corrupted. Even new games get corrupted after about three to five minutes. Oddly enough, there are no CTD's when I'm in a city or an interior space....Odd....I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun/moons....and nada...

Oh and I'm running ZERO mods....Not even the Official HP texture pack....

I've been getting increased CTD's since 1.4.21.04.

Like many i had v1.3.10, skse, script dragon, enb, skyboost, and could play a very nice looking skyrim for hours without CTD or defect. Then along came 1.4.21.04, killed everything, even without ENB, skyboost game was CTD'ing with remarkable regularity. Then came 1.4.27 that made little if any improvement.

What i find interesting is that the bugs and CTD's show symptoms that skyrim had before 1.3.10 that i could fix via the LAA fix. Walking into a tavern and finding objects (both the mesh and textures missing) often followed a minute or two later by a CTD. The way i played 1.3.10 fixed this but now the errors are back, so i have to wonder......

In any case remember that you may have to make Windows LAA if you are running 32bit, also since script dragon has not been updated for latest patch then make sure you remove it and possibly the mods dependent on it. (many of you have said that you used skyboost which depends on SD, or at least the .dll it adds).

I feel sorry for all of you that are having all the problems with the patches to Skyrim. I for one cannot understand why there have been so many issues with this game. It seems every time Bethesday comes out with a patch it creates more problems. I further believe the fault lies with Bethesda and I am not leaving out stream either. Now they have even changed the way Skyrim handles the load order which has created even more problems. I am one of the fortunate ones who because of past experiences with Bethesda stayed with patch 1.3.10. It is by far the most stable release and has caused me no problems at all. The downside is that I have remained in offline mode on Stream and blocked any updates to NMM since now it must comply with Bethesda's load order changes for fear of breaking my game. I don't know what Bethesda is trying to accomplish it does not make any sense. Never in my gaming experience have I witnessed so many problems with a single game. There is an old saying, "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it". Patch 1.3.10 fixed memory issues and only had some broken quest issues. The biggest point of that patch was no one had any problems with it. If Bethesda would have stayed with fixing the broken quest issues after the release of 1.3.10, I think all the problems folks are having now would not be happening. Also I feel that the patches should of been offered as a chosen download and not forced upon folks via Stream. That is one of the biggest reasons I do not like Stream and try to stay away from games that require it to play. Anyways one big mess and I feel it will just get worse.

I would say in bethesda's defense but it might be better i specify that in skyrims defense that i've had worse that being RAGE that i still can't play despite latest patch and drivers due to its large number of issues.

In any case the auto-ignore they've done with user preferences for patching is likely causing a headache for both Steam and Bethesda. Sadly Bethesda has a history of ignoring quest bugs, they usually make a few patches try and remove the gamebreakers and then stop patching. It's happened since morrowind, their saving grace is that they supply a mod kit so that dedicated followers make unofficial patches to fix the bugs that in many cases require/d only a couple of minutes to remedy.

I came here to post this concern on the forum, an here I find others with similar problems. Since the new update and SKSE I've had massive CTD problems. As in, unplayable CTD issues. My game has always been stable (except back with that...was it 1.3 update that screwed almost everyone) Luckily, I keep backups of everything. So I reverted SKSE, TESV.exe and TESV_launcher.exe and no problems. So my question is this: Does anyone know if the issue SKSE, the latest Bethesda update or mod order, or any combination of the three? I'm running a handful of esp mods and a fair few interface and texture mods. Thanks for the help and remember! Back up those files!

in my case it was skse the only mod i used that relied upon it was sky ui i spent hours trying to figure out why my game was CTD so much and then i stopped using the skse loader and used the regular launcher and voila no crash..i can still use sky ui somewhat maybe not all its features and have the message about not having the right version of skse but ill put up with that for now till it's fixed..hope that helped somewhat.

I'm running v1.4.21.04 without problems other than the occasional CTD and items floating in the air. I updated to v1.4.27 and was instantly obliged to roll back to the previous version because, whenever I used the tab or P key the menu would open and then nothing! I could not select Magic, Level Up, or anything. I was kinda hoping that Bethesda would bring out another patch that may address these issues.

I think all of you guys are just using way to many mods that change the same things in the game.

I currently got 18 mods and there's no problem at all.

I'm at the latest version of the game, latest version of skse and script dragon. I'm not even using Skyboost, I just lowered the resolution to 1280x720.

But there are no CTD happening for me at all. I can just play for hours if I want. XD

With my choice of mods the load order obviously doesn't matter at all.

I think all of you guys are just using way to many mods that change the same things in the game.

I currently got 18 mods and there's no problem at all.

I'm at the latest version of the game, latest version of skse and script dragon. I'm not even using Skyboost, I just lowered the resolution to 1280x720.

But there are no CTD happening for me at all. I can just play for hours if I want. XD

With my choice of mods the load order obviously doesn't matter at all.

I haven't added any mod since 1.4.24 (i think it was)

And back then, I could run at full resolution, all mods, no FPS-drop etc.

So it's not the mods. I tried without mods. The same thing...