So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

Hellfire and Chinese stealth armors and prototype Gauss rifle are all based on existing Fallout items from previous games.. they also all already have free mod version here on Nexus. Horse armor is Beth attempting to laugh at itself and still somehow looking even sadder for it. Prey armor is a plug for another Beth IP so charging for that at all is a total joke. The pipe shotgun and backpack look cool, but are also competing with free mods that do similar things. PA paint job and pip-boy colors are pretty but shallow retexture mods, which actually makes the most sense to be distributed under this model as good texture work can be quite time consuming but is probably going to have the hardest time finding donors since it's generally a more passive change to the game that doesn't usually make people go reaching for their wallets. The pricing is way off though. Complaining about $.50 for a pip-boy texture sounds like we're being cheap, but again, when that is up against a free mod that lets you change the pip-boy colors at will, choosing from 3 dozen options... yeah, $.50 for a single pip-boy texture is way too much, as is $1 for a single PA paint job.

Add to that we're using credits and not real money. You're guaranteed to always throw some money away on these types of schemes since they design the purchase options to result in you having the odd 25 - 50 cents left over... multiply that by 1 million people and Zenimax basically gets $500k for nothing in exchange.

As for the Creator's themselves... no percentage of sales and lose creative rights... yeesh... that is standard for contract work, but does explain why there aren't any major quest mods or "new" things for the beta launch. If the salary is only "better than minimum wage in Sweden" that's not really that high a bar to clear. Any mod authors out there feel free to correct me, but retaining creative rights is probably worth whatever cut in $$ that might come with just asking the community for donations and Patreon pledges on the more complex and unique stuff I'm sure.

i find it weird that no one has made a prototype Gauss rifle like the one from fallout 3, you would think this would have been done by now

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed that the authors are not mentioned for each file. I would have liked to of known where it came from and authors should be credited.

I'm also wondering if this huge price they are asking for credits is just gonna be for the time being as a cash grab, before backlash kicks in.

I also wonder if this is a serious "F U" to it's users/fans for the first paid mods debacle, charging this price. I think it is also obvious that they are seeing the success of their mobile platforms micro DLC and trying to apply it here. I sincerely hope it backfires.

0.50 on a pip-boy texture replacer
For a goddamn single player game just to fill your autism extravaganza

You better check your brain if you consider this acceptable. Also, as SMB92 pointed: If they don't have any triage system I just can't wait until mods with potential to break your saves start to appear made by inexperienced people, considering how people here know more about ck quircks than bethesda devs.

I really hope, that this idea gets killed by a massive shitstorm. Just imagine, what this might mean for all other bethesda games, if it would work out! All the mods, that make the fallout and TES series playable would become expensive, so you would have to invest hundreds of dollars or euros to get a good game experience. I'll go ahead and join the shitstorm in the bethesda forums and hope, that other true fans will follow.

Edited by Idulus

Some credits to the author of the mod would be nice.

Does anyone know how much the share is the author gets from every purchase?

Nothing, they get paid for making the stuff in the first place...

So no matter if Becrapsda earns $1, or $1,000,000 from something, the creator still only sees the money they got for doing the job in the first place.