So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

Their fan base was seeded on the PC, now they giving us the finger in essence and going elsewhere. Bethesda is the Ishtar of gaming companies.

They haven't done anything as of yet. The problem only starts to be one if their next game is geared at using that model right from the start, thereby preventing free modding for good.

But that's also the time when I no longer will buy Bethesda. I hate microtransactions with a vengeance and I won't support any SP model resorting to offering them.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their fan base was seeded on the PC, now they giving us the finger in essence and going elsewhere. Bethesda is the Ishtar of gaming companies.

They haven't done anything as of yet. The problem only starts to be one if their next game is geared at using that model right from the start, thereby preventing free modding for good.

But that's also the time when I no longer will buy Bethesda. I hate microtransactions with a vengeance and I won't support any SP model resorting to offering them.

I think I'm with you on that. I just get more and more turned off by the minute. I think it is clear what they are doing though, and the little "taste" of a beta they have put up to test the pricing will tell how to concrete their business model. I'd be very interested to see the sales numbers on the consoles

Zeni/Beth did an amazing job...

Seriously, I put my Fallout 4 on my SSD in order to decrease loading times which are so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

And those piece of s**t creators of the Creation Club though funny to force me to download their useless mods assets.

Are Beth guys trying to force me to buy a PS4 by killing my ssd?

Other than that, the launch of the Creation Club is obsolutely hilarious.

WHAT THA HECK MAAAN!! IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. I don't want their crap in my game.

I dont like steam auto-update. I had no choice in the matter.

update: Now I can't even turn off controller in-game while it's plugged in. No I'm going to

have to go in file and try turn it off there.

Edited by JustAguyForMods

The Fallout 4 steam forum is crazy about this CC thing now, like exploding. There are a few who defended CC, some trying to stay abstain and justify the CC while being regarded as white knights or bethesdrones, and most are literally against it while going all bananas and started ranting like nuts.

EDIT: i'm patiently waiting for F4SE update now....hope that after the update none of my mods would be broken.

Edited by calscks

some even started to spew craps like:
"Bethesda is the intellectual property owner not Nexus. Downloading mods is the same as stealing. I dont have to like it, but i do understand it."
"
Nexus quality sucks, creation club is more worth it."

"Modders abandon projects, have low quality textures, and are copying Bethesda with their tools. Robin Scott should be sent to court by zenimax"

lmao

The bigger concern is will all paid mod assets in the future be downloading as "updates" and installed on our pcs? That will break modding with the script extender which will continuously need updates. It will also continuously load a lot of unwanted assets into individual's pcs. Seems wrong to have initiated the CC like this. DLC content is not loaded into pcs UNTIL the end-user actually make a purchase and approves of the download.

I don't know how to feel about this. At all.

Is this CC a blessing or a curse?

I think that a tipping point for me at least is quality control. After looking at the stuff on CC, The lineup is not very impressive at the moment but it looks the "mods" on there are professionally done(at the time). However, I am concerned about the pricing. What justifies the pricing of the horse power armor?(yes I know it is a joke but still...) Is it greed or do they think it is what their demographic wants?

I would like applaud Betty for this bold market strategy but I feel they are going in a wrong direction with this.

I would also like to know the rules and policies of CC and see that Betty can follow up on it.

next step is bethesda games, even solo player games ie skyrim FO4, will only run in online while having a bethesda account running. so they can ban people who use mods from 3rd party platforms like nexus here. unfortunatly this have already happened for other game producers. they could legally claim their monopol for modding their games.

Edited by mlmlars