So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

i won't buy any new bethesda title easily again.

im very disappointed. that disappointed that i just wrote a new steam review.

That just makes no sense

1: Bethesda is nice enough to even support modding in their games, and they have done it for over 10 years, how many other big gaming companies do the same?

2: You dont need to buy any mods, you can still find all you will ever need on nexus

3: Nothing wrong with modders to get paid, afterall, they get NOTHING for all their hard work

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as it stands, Bethesda has pretty much just trumped EA in my mind.

That's a serious overreaction. These are just add-ons. These aren't in-game items. They're not forcing us to pay for (or grind for hours for) items that we'd otherwise be able to get and free mods still offer way better stuff than is on display there. This is probably the most consumer friendly form of microtransactions ever devised. Now, if you want to say that you're *worried* that they'll become EA, well I'm right there with you. But they haven't come near that yet.

Oh, you like mods?
How about we try to sell you some and break your well managed collection of free ones in the process. lol

Now all the people who don't need it and never wanted it have to wait for F4SE to be updated.
And hope to god your mods are still working.

Why the f*** is this not an external application?
They could've just implemented this into the launcher.
Or something.

So with the speculation that the 2gb update is the creation club mods ....
Does that mean we have to regularly download all mods on the creation club into our game folders?
Like the f***ing skins for counter strike?

This better be not what they're trying to pull here.

Edited by Grasmann

Does this really make any since to pay for what we can get for free because of some really talented individual's effort's. Seriously the creation kit is free, not so much for some of the programs that are used to make some of the best work I have seen. Here again notice I said the talented mods offer their work for free on the Nexus and yet they do buy those program's to help with the creativity. If Bethesda had done themselves what other talented individuals created then this might actually make since, but we can not even get updates that fix something without breaking another. No way I will pay for something that you can not guarantee will actually work without breaking something or worse yet ruin the game entirely. This seems more like what you will have to expect in your future, paying for anything and everything because they can not provide themselves what the modding community offer's. Seriously we already paid for the game that had "a lot" of bug's that they still have not fixed entirely, now they want us to pay for mod's too? Wake up.

I believe they said, there will be quality control of sorts. And then they come up with this ? Black power armor paintjob ? I can do that s#*! in 3 minutes in photoshop. Same for the pipboys. What a shame, what a f*#@ing shame. I was open to possibility that they wouldnt f*#@ up this time, shouldve known better. Now I cant even play coz script extender is outdated...

On the other hand, its rather clear to me, this will die off very, VERY quickly. Im quite sure of it.

What pissed me off is the abrupt rollout of this update and it was just for CC. Was looking forward to continuing my adventure in the wasteland and started FO4 then went to get coffee and now F4SE is broke with the mods that require it. All this update did was add CC so they can peddle their paid version of hellfire armor and pipboy skins. So far my experience in Beth land has been :down: .

And achievements are again disabled. WTF

I tried using shadowman's updated achievements mod enabler (the one you download manually and doesn't require F4SE) but it won't copy to the Fallout 4 folder. Even though it is updated for the Creation Club as the notes say.

It would be more useful to report that to the mod author rather than here.