So, When Creation Club Gets Around to Skyrim...

LeddBate

Creation Club for FO4 Poll  

97 members have voted

1. 1. When you saw the offerings on the Creation Club for FO4, your response was.... (Pick any number of responses that most mirrors your reaction.)

• "AIIEEEE!" (Pulls eyes out and drops them into a vat of holy acid.)
    • "What the (deleted) is this (deleted)! What the (deleted) were those (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) thinking?!? (deleted)! (deleted)! (deleted)! (deleted)!"
    • "I TOLD you! What did I tell you would happen? Huh? Huh? Go on, WHAT did I say was going to happen?! For all you believers, here's your plate of crow. Enjoy." Full Disclosure: I (leddBate) was one of the believers.
    • "They can fix this. They can pull this out of the fire. Maybe. I don't know how but... maybe."
    • "Whine, whine, whine. Complain, complain, complain. Stop being such grump-meisters. Give Bethesda a chance to do better. It's early days yet."
    • "Meh. So what?"
    • "Eh, a bit pricey but whatever... That can change later."
    • OMG! This will eventually clog my drive and probably wreck my save game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have maintained the pre-CC version by starting the game with F4SE and staying away from Steam. I imagine new CC versions of the Fallout/Skyrim executables will come out, as new microtransaction bloatware is added, and this will require constant updates from other mods. What a hassle.

Edited by Moksha8088

There you go! CC with the "all new" Survival Mode (which is basically a mixture of several mods that already exist).

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5lz4Q7F4li6kwKmakkgWww/skyrim-survival-mode-coming-soon

Skyrim Creation Club's all-new Survival Mode is now available on Steam for beta testing. You can be one of the first to check it out by simply opting into the Steam beta.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will get to experience Survival Mode and other Creations early next month. Both PC and console players will get Survival Mode free for one week once it launches on their preferred platform.

Edited by LucasKaneqd

"Both PC and console players will get Survival Mode free for one week..."? Does this mean that it will be free for one week, then to continue to use it you must pay for it? Or do they mean "For one week once it launches on their preferred platform, both PC and console players will get Survival Mode for free." Right now my trust is low...

"Both PC and console players will get Survival Mode free for one week..."? Does this mean that it will be free for one week, then to continue to use it you must pay for it? Or do they mean "For one week once it launches on their preferred platform, both PC and console players will get Survival Mode for free." Right now my trust is low...

Well, you have to see more sources then: "Creation Club will be officially launching for Skyrim SE soon. A beta is currently ongoing if you wish to try it out early.

For the duration of beta, the only creation available is Survival mode, which is detailed further in this article. Survival is freely available for the duration of the beta. Once Creation Club has officially launched, it will remain free to purchase on all platforms for one week. This is a sale, not a limited trial." Source: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/101900/creation-club-steam-beta-survival-mode

Yeah, the wording there was pretty confusing. Most people (myself included) thought it was a free limited trial, and it's kind of weird it wasn't very explicitly stated on the announcement that it was free to purchase and keep. But yeah, it seems clarified now, that it will be a "permanent" purchase.

It LOOKS like if you get Survival Mode in the "free" period, you get to keep it for free afterwards. But I agree, the wording is vague enough to allow Bethesda to say: "No, we only meant it was free for a week."

But I'll stick to Frostfall and other, established free mods.

Oh, and for those who try to get it afterwards, notice how they "priced" it at 800 credits, but you have to buy the 1500 credit level (for $14.99) to get it since the next level down is only 750 credits. Unless you saved your free 100 credits, that means Bethesda is effectively getting $15 for Survival Mode, not $8. Tell me that wasn't done deliberately when they set the credit cost.