NMM "An exception occured in the script" [New Vegas]

Mjoker

@EssTee: "Identical symptoms do not equal identical causes." IF some other part of the thread was a help, glad to hear it. If your solution was something else not covered here, please share the wisdom for the benefit of the next person.

-Dubious-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirme

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Confirmed to work. Thanks!

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

This worked for me :D finally I can use some really awesome mods Thanks a bunch for putting it on this forum you absolute legend! :D

As of 08 May 2018, the Nexus has changed some site security to come into compliance with the new "European Union General Data Protection Regulation" (EU GDPR) rules. This breaks older versions of NMM and is usually reported as being "blocked by the Windows firewall". You will need to update it from this NMM download page. Please see this site news article for details.

Otherwise, please provide more details on just what isn't working for you on the Nexus Open Beta forum.

-Dubious-

I'm still facing the OP's issues, even with the new NMM installed.

When trying to activate UIO or Fallout Character Overhaul (3.0) for New Vegas, "An exception occurred in the script" appears and NMM refuses to activate the aforementioned mods. I'm building a fresh mod list, so I can't say what other mods this will impact.

^THANK YOU YOU BEAUTIFUL JAP MOFO! >:D

Depends upon what you mean by "moved". If you didn't uninstall and reinstall, then you broke the registry entries. Please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for the proper procedure for Steam games. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

Regarding NVSE problems: Please see 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.
As to the "an exception occurred in the script" error using NMM, as has been stated several times previously in this thread:
* Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
* Go to NMM "Settings".
* Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
* Then restart NMM.
(Supposedly this fix will be included in the next "unofficial" update to NMM on GitHub after v0.65.4. Currently up to v0.65.6 but this error is not mentioned in the changelog.)
-Dubious-

I've tried everything I could think of for this error and I still get it.

Ran NMM as an admin, edited NMM's security permissions. Nothing seems to work and now some of my mods that have custom install choices are just bricked and unable to be instaled.

NVM: The issue went away seemingly at random. Idk what gives but it feels like NMM gets less reliable with every update

Edited by oktobor