NMM "An exception occured in the script" [New Vegas]

Mjoker

If the problem only occurs with MCM, then try manually installing it or see the wiki article "Installing a Mod With FOMM". (in that case, use the "FOMM-Forked" version of the mod.)

You might also want to see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article for possible conflicts with some other mods affecting that type of interface. There is a section specifically about MCM.

Otherwise, create your own topic under "Troubleshooting" sub-forum with ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is an old thread but i recently found a solution that worked for me.

>right click your shortcut or NMM.exe and go to properties

>look for the tab at the top labeled securities

>select your user account or whatever administrator account you are under, i.e [email protected]

>click the edit button located under the box listing the user accounts

>make sure all option are selected, from full control to special permissions

This is from a windows 8 asus pc, also dont bother trying to change the permissions for the system it wont let you unless you know some 1337 hacker type stuff.

Hope this works im gonna try to spread it around other forums and threads! it only took like 5+ years to figure out :laugh:

This worked for me too. thx

I was able to install MCM.

Edited by brick8120

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Worked! Windows 10. The script error said it was from 'system', so needed to be adjusted as Administrator. Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

This worked for me too, thank you

• 3 months later...

• Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Thanks so much man! Was lost for a long time but this worked for me!!

• 3 months later...

• Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Worked like a charm. Thank you kind sir!

I followed all the instructions here Still did not work for me. :sad: It still unchecks every time i restart nexus mod manager

* Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

If you did move Steam out of the default location, then likely any access privilege problem is one of "File and Folder permissions" on the parent "root" folder under which you installed the games. If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders.

-Dubious-