NMM "An exception occured in the script" [New Vegas]

Mjoker

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Working for me, thx.

Edited by ontaki

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are security errors. You need to update your NMM.

As of 08 May 2018, the Nexus has changed some site security to come into compliance with the new "European Union General Data Protection Regulation" (EU GDPR) rules. This breaks older versions of NMM and other tools using the older unsecured API. It is usually reported as being "blocked by the Windows firewall" or causing a "script" or "W3C XML Schema" error installing mods. You will need to update it from NMM on GitHub or this Nexus NMM download page. Check the version numbers between those sites and use the latest (v0.65.6 at this time). Please see this Nexus site news article for details.

Then enable the shell extensions again.

-Dubious-

This is a developing situation, so solutions are trickling in.

Some people are finding that even after updating NMM to v0.65.4 they still get a "script exception" message when installing some mods (such as UIO and MCM). This seems to be resolved by this suggestion from user ElysianMod:

• Run NMM as an "Administrator privileges" account.
  • Go to NMM "Settings".
  • Enable "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types".
  • Then restart NMM.

-Dubious-

Thank you, this worked for me !

As of 08 May 2018, the Nexus has changed some site security to come into compliance with the new "European Union General Data Protection Regulation" (EU GDPR) rules. This breaks older versions of NMM and is usually reported as being "blocked by the Windows firewall". You will need to update it from this NMM download page. Please see this site news article for details.

Otherwise, please provide more details on just what isn't working for you on the Nexus Open Beta forum.

-Dubious-

I'm still facing the OP's issues, even with the new NMM installed.

When trying to activate UIO or Fallout Character Overhaul (3.0) for New Vegas, "An exception occurred in the script" appears and NMM refuses to activate the aforementioned mods. I'm building a fresh mod list, so I can't say what other mods this will impact.

This worked for me, as well. Should mention, also did the thing with security permissions. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

As of 08 May 2018, the Nexus has changed some site security to come into compliance with the new "European Union General Data Protection Regulation" (EU GDPR) rules. This breaks older versions of NMM and is usually reported as being "blocked by the Windows firewall". You will need to update it from this NMM download page. Please see this site news article for details.

Otherwise, please provide more details on just what isn't working for you on the Nexus Open Beta forum.

-Dubious-

When trying to activate UIO or Fallout Character Overhaul (3.0) for New Vegas, "An exception occurred in the script" appears and NMM refuses to activate the aforementioned mods. I'm building a fresh mod list, so I can't say what other mods this will impact.

-Dubious-

This worked thanks man! :]

I'm trying to tick "Add shell extensions for supported file types" after running NMM as administrator, however after ticking it and clicking OK I get an error message saying "Couldn't add shell extensions. Check TraceLog for more info.".

This is my first time trying to mod FalloutNV and am completely clueless, help please!

You don't have the appropriate "permissions" (although you should as an "admin"). Are you running NMM as "admin" when you attempt to enable that option? Where did you install NMM (and Steam)? Please see the "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article in my signature.

Find and post the NMM "TraceLog" file here (in spoilers, please. See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article if you don't know how to do that.)

-Dubious-

This still happens to me. I tried everything listed here including running in admin mode, compatability mode, the shell extension thing, reinstalling, using latest and previous NMM versions etc. My games and NMM have always been in my D: drive outside of program files. Am using windows 7 64 bit. I never had this problem before when modding Fallout New Vegas and it happens specifically with MCM. Is there any other solution?

Edited by Dimitrisgrr