[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

... The general public doesn't need to be downloading an alpha build of SKSE64 just to use SkyUI, which is exactly what would happen.

THIS ^^^^

Exactly! Those who know how to handle mods and who will not bother the authors while stuff is in alpha already know what to do. The others just have to wait.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, hi there. Before I start with the whining, can I just say thank you so much for SKSE and all its iterations? It's an awesome adition to a game I wouldn't still be playing without it.

Edit: Oh my god. Turns out I'm an actual idiot. My firewall ignored my setting SKSE as an okay program and just added it back to its naughty list without me noticing.

I'll... just crawl back under my bridge and leave this here for any other lost soul who might be as oblivious as I am, seeing as apparently, I can't delete my own posts...

I've installed SKSE64 and it's not doing anything. As in, all I did so far was install Sykrim SE, opt into the beta to test the survival mode, and then add SKSE according to the readme's instructions (twice, because I'm a moron and downloaded the wrong version first). It ran with the non-beta version as it should (read: it told me I was trying to run the wrong version), but with the supposedly correct version, I double-click, I get my mouse cursor telling me that it's working on ~something~ via the little circle, then the circle vanishes and nothing happens. Steam doesn't show Skyrim as running, it's not showing up in my task manager, it's like I didn't do anything in the first place. The game itself still launches just fine through Steam. I have no other mods installed yet. I rebooted my PC, tried to launch both via shortcut and by clicking the .exe directly, I went offline in Steam just in case, still nothing.

If it means anything, I had to manually create the Scripts folder in my Skyrim directory. It had worked fine without it, and after creating it, I got the "wrong version, you idiot" message from SKSE, so it was doing something. After I replaced the old files with the new ones, that's when it stopped working.

Edited by RedQueen25

Has any one had the issue where it SKSE 64 2.00.03 crashes after making a new character?
I've tried this with a modded game using only alternate start.
I have also tried this with a un-modded game and the same result happens for a vanilla start.

Edit, it would appear it happens when ever a auto save is made

Edited by mursaat666

ignore

Me to, I thought I found some thing, but after debugging to a user log for ease sake, nada, it was working fine, I have to fuss up, I was disappointed, is it bad to have want it?

Ignore this, still looking tho, but not actively, just going about my business. Still I would've like to found some thing :ohmy: & yeah I'm using player load game maintenance stuff for persistence sake were I should have too, but it so obvious I am keeping my mouth shut. Just let me say to non-modder: I wouldn't use this alpha if I value my save. My SE is Modding Mode so I can.

Currently working to port/rewrite Quick Loot by himika. And I am curious if anyone has a solid idea on how to get the inventory of a container/character via an ObjectReference? I realized that the baseform points to a generic form describing the type it is, with the same basic inventory for all of them. I realized that the mod author heavily modified + expanded on the base SKSE and reverse engineered his own functions to get at least the count in inventory. Anyone have any experience with inventory in SKSE? Id rather not touch the skse core

EDIT: nvm found https://github.com/xanderdunn/skaar/wiki/Inventories

Edited by xILARTH