Goin back to Morrowind, need help

DoctorKaizeld

Okay, so I haven't played Morrowind in a long time and have never played with mods. I was wondering what mods I should use for overall better everything. I'm talking better weapons, armor, textures, general visuals, gameplay, character models, and so forth.

next i would like to know if there is anything i should know about modding Morrowind? i have modded all of it's predicessors and all of the Fallout games so far.

I'm too tired and ill to make paragraphs, so please excuse the bullet points. :tongue:

- Start with MGSO, using this as a guide. Note the contents of the sticky as well. With this you'll get all the shiny graphical updates that make the game look a lot better than Skyrim (...without ENB, anyway).

- Wrye Mash is the mod manager to use.

- MLOX is Morrowind's BOSS/LOOT. It's not as shiny, but is simple to use and does the job, and I believe is still updated. (Functions like BOSS - so, people upload their working load orders, rather than the sorting program examines the mod to decide what goes where).

- Other utilities: MWSE, EXEOpt, 4GB Patch.

- Most mods were hosted on sites that no longer exist. Some made it to the Nexus, others to Morrowind Mod History.

- Other sites: Great House Fliggerty, MW Mythic Mods, BTB Morrowind Mod List.

- I made my own mod list to share with friends, and so I could keep track of mods (i.e. that they're still on the internet). I could share that if you like.

- I never had an issue with Morrowind's combat, so I never tried any mods that changed/'fixed' it.

I'm too tired and ill to make paragraphs, so please excuse the bullet points. :tongue:

- Start with MGSO, using this as a guide. Note the contents of the sticky as well. With this you'll get all the shiny graphical updates that make the game look a lot better than Skyrim (...without ENB, anyway).

- Wrye Mash is the mod manager to use.

- MLOX is Morrowind's BOSS/LOOT. It's not as shiny, but is simple to use and does the job, and I believe is still updated. (Functions like BOSS - so, people upload their working load orders, rather than the sorting program examines the mod to decide what goes where).

- Other utilities: MWSE, EXEOpt, 4GB Patch.

- Most mods were hosted on sites that no longer exist. Some made it to the Nexus, others to Morrowind Mod History.

- Other sites: Great House Fliggerty, MW Mythic Mods, BTB Morrowind Mod List.

- I made my own mod list to share with friends, and so I could keep track of mods (i.e. that they're still on the internet). I could share that if you like.

- I never had an issue with Morrowind's combat, so I never tried any mods that changed/'fixed' it.

thanks Jeir.

Come to this server mate. Ask your questions there in live chat: https://discord.gg/QQQpnMS

yeah they weren't helpful

I am currently looking for a house mod and anything that helps with a thief play style

I also recently discovered John's Morrowind Fan Site at users.beagle.com.au/jmk222/more/mozza/PlugIns.html and f*#@yeahmorrowindmods.tumblr. John's had some interesting looking mods that I hadn't seen anywhere else and the tumblr helped me find some I had previously overlooked. I am getting ready to test a bunch from John's site.

Of course I also love Emma's site at luvkullen.net/Emma/index.htm.