Neverwinter Nexus launched

Dark0ne

@ Dark0ne-

Thank you Dark0ne! I dont normally get easly excited but Neverwinter Nights were probably some of my favorite games. I havent had the chance to play Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale but I have it on my list. I probably preferred NWN 1 though, since it could run on my computer very easily now and I liked the interface more^^.

I am really glad to see a NWN site. I really wanted to mod NWN 1+2 but I didnt like how the Vault system worked and how many of the mod pages went to dead links ( at least for me). I had to settle for the mass community pack( the only one that was officially endorsed as far as I know). All of the other mods were really hard to find. Those were some of my first modding experiences and I am really looking forward to doing it all over again.

Would you consider making Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale Mod pages? Or perhaps have NVN, Baldurs Gate, and Icewind Dale all fall under the same mod page^^! Of course, I dont know if you could mod the other two since I never played them.

Have you considered making a Diablo Nexus? Those were a lot of fun to mod and could really benefit from the Nexus system. Downloading the mods from their forum pages always felt really sketchy(i.e. Does it have a virus?) but I wouldnt feel that way if it was on a Nexus site. This would also allow you to have a Nexus slot already prepared for Diablo III, which, of course, is highly anticipated by practically everyone.

The only thing that could make this better would be if Champions of Norrath got a PC conversion and got added to that NVN/BG/Icewind Dale combo!

-Natterforme

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Natterforme

I don't think Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale were very easily modded though it was possible. Pretty much the only mods are a few major overhauls. That would nowhere near fill up the 10-20 categories for each game.

Though if they were combined, this site would have to be renamed to ForgottenRealmsNexus of course. :)

wow this is one of my favorite games of all times !, spend so much time playing BG's series and NWN during college while I'm not 100% fan of the NWN 2 controllers I still love that game as well, I seriously wish there was a way to mod the awful controllers >_<.

Either way thanks for bringing this to the Nexus!!

wow this is one of my favorite games of all times !, spend so much time playing BG's series and NWN during college while I'm not 100% fan of the NWN 2 controllers I still love that game as well, I seriously wish there was a way to mod the awful controllers >_<.

You could try out some of the NWN2 control mods and tweaks I mention here. :)

Yes....yes....YES!

I been looking for a Neverwinter Nights 2 Modding Website but I could never find it. Now.....I am ready about to lose 36 hours of my life just browsing. Thanks you, Dark0ne.

@ Tchos

Are this controllers you mention in your blog are similar to the ones from WoW? dude OMFG is this is what i think it is , you have made me the happiest person !!, gonna read up more on your blog and the mod page!

@ Tchos

Are this controllers you mention in your blog are similar to the ones from WoW? dude OMFG is this is what i think it is , you have made me the happiest person !!, gonna read up more on your blog and the mod page!

It's close! It doesn't feel exactly the same, but it does use the same buttons that way, and I find it a big improvement.