Neverwinter Nexus launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Nexus member of several years, but mostly as a user to download mods for the Elder Scrolls series. Since I mod NWN2, I'm happy to have another place to share my work with people.

I'm hoping the Neverwinter Nexus draws in new players, people who like the other Nexus games and are made aware of all the content NWN has when they see a NWN Nexus. I'm also hoping we see some cross pollination of modders, with people that mod those other games getting interested in modding, or porting their existing mods, to the NWN series. Some of the old NWN modders moved on to Dragon Age and Oblivion/Skyrim.

This is SO cool! I always loved the Neverwinter setting, my first foray into that wonderful world was Icewind Dale 2, then 1, then Baldurs Gate series (I went backwards lol). I never did finish NWN2 though, mostly because of a few issues that annoyed the snot out of me; but mainly it was the combat system.

Anyway, glad you're supporting it! NWN2 really deserves a spot here on the Nexus!

Preparing for the new neverwinter game i take it? This is awsome..just wish this was up earlier as i have been modding nwn since the first to the second game >.< this is good news maybe i will start making mods for neverwinter again, so much easier to have everything on one site.

Some of the old NWN modders moved on to Dragon Age and Oblivion/Skyrim.

Indeed, but nothing's stopping them from moving back! Especially considering the dropping of DAO support and expansions.

Preparing for the new neverwinter game i take it?

Isn't it some type of casual Facebook-type MMO? Not interested in MMOs.

There is one on Facebook, but I think this poster is referring to the Neverwinter MMO in production by Cryptic Studios, due out this year.

I agree. When filefront went down without warning, untold numbers of mods and important game files, for past games, were forever lost. It was a terrible day for the game community, and especially the modding community. Modding is under attack by some big game companies who will remain unnamed, who see modding as something that extends the life of old games, and therefore cuts into sales of new games. And although that is true to some extent, they should not be able to wipe out modding by suddenly closing down community sites. The modding community must take hold of the reins, or we will be at the mercy of others. Like the saying goes, dont keep your eggs all in one basket.

I want to thank the people running this site for their contribution to the gaming and modding community. Without people like you, gaming wouldnt be half what it is.

Kudos to you! A very grateful gamer.

PS: Im also someone who has played many many hours of NWN, especially modded NWN. Im a big fan or persistent world RP servers. So is my brother and his kids. So this will be well received by us. :)

Edited by WineSkin

Okay Robin, you're going overboard now. ;) Lol, good news.

~Jake~