Anyone playing ELEX yet?

Kapteyn

I'm sort of curious about ELEX, not sure what to do. A lot of reviews don't exactly paint a pretty picture, so I guess I'm gonna need to know a few things before I fork out £40 on something unplayable.

Most importantly - is it moddable? If it's anything like DA2 Inquisition then I'm staying away (but that's EA, they're terrible for making it difficult to mod their games). If it's a bug-fest like a few reviews have purported then it needs to be open for modding. I'm also expecting the AI might need improving. This question might need time, some games require tools to be made if the game doesn't come with a SDK.

How stable is it? Mods can help with bugs and crashes, Skyrim for example is brilliant for people finding ways to sort out the quirks - but again it's no good if ELEX can't be modded.

Is there absolutely zero means to customise the main character? I read that he's just your regular next action hero kinda guy, which may well suit some people but it won't me. I've heard he talks to himself as well, so here I am expecting Matt Damon.

Are the keyboard controls for the PC remappable? I've read otherwise - if they can't be changed then they screwed up because not all everybody uses those four blue-coloured buttons (yes, they're actually coloured on my keyboard). If the keys are not changeable then it's no good to me.

And finally, do those pole dancers... wait, never mind.

So, I waited and waited for unlock. It sat on "Unlock in less than an hour" for ALMOST 3 hours. Anyway, it's clunky. The voice acting is horrendous. Keybindings are so confusing I switched to my Steam controller and just... No. I refunded it.

Edit:
Keybindings are remappable. But, you'll want to keep them at default. Things will get VERY wonky if you change them.

Edited by NCRForever

Gothic and Risen were amazing games, this, sadly, is not. I had high hopes, but, I had my doubts. It just sucks that my doubts proved right.

You think so?`I loved Gothic 1 & 2 and I hate Gothic 3 & Risen 1-3.

But Elex is a fantastic game. The world is amazing, Imo one of the best game worlds ever created for exploring.. The Problem with Elex is: The very very slow & boring start. The game gets better and better but the start is...

And the most reviews are negative cause the graphic is not that good. But hey: the graphic of skyrim is awful too without mods, so idk why people love Skyrim (without mods) and hate Elex just because the graphic sucks.

Edited by brunsi

I had no issues with the graphics. It was the keybindings. Gothic 3 was junk. 1 was amazing. 2 was good. Risen 1 was amazing. 2 and 3.... Not so much. Elex combat mechanics were also pretty awful. I'm glad that you're enjoying the game. It's a wonderful experience when you enjoy a game.

I had no issues with the graphics. It was the keybindings. Gothic 3 was junk. 1 was amazing. 2 was good. Risen 1 was amazing. 2 and 3.... Not so much. Elex combat mechanics were also pretty awful. I'm glad that you're enjoying the game. It's a wonderful experience when you enjoy a game.

You can change the keybindings. I dont like them too. Heavy attack on E, special attack on Q wtf.

Yeah I know what you mean about the combat system I just use ranged weapons cause I dont like the meele system.