New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54676808. #54678143, #54679513 are all replies on the same post.

skepticck wrote: Everything is so big, this seems made for mobile devices and touch screens more than PC screens, the new Nexus looks like Bethesda.net and that's not a good thing.
So much scrolling to get to the relevant information, everything is now in big blocs, big images, big text etc... the compact and smaller design of old nexus was much more efficient imo.
I don't hate it and again this is just my opinion but modern is not always better.
moisturehead wrote: Agreed. Seems like there's a lot of underutilized space on the site now.
menathradiel wrote: It's like Google news. All this white space...

Except I didn't pay google for the privilege of being ignored.

I don't like using the "mobile sites" when I'm on my phone, never mind PC, first thing I do is access the desktop site.

I know they said things like "if it's not broke don't fix it" get chucked around.... but it's true, please don't ruin a perfectly good site for no real reason.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how it looks on my phone. Many times I look on phone for mods to download when I have some time to kill and it seems to work much better on new site then it did on old site. Saying that, I'm not sure how it works on PC since I'm not near one for a couple days and I spend way more time on site with PC than phone. Edited by stomby

It's really bad imo. Everything is way too big and bad placed, you need to scroll too much to check what you want, even when resizing. Looks like it was designed for phones and tablets, which are mostly irrelevant here. I hope they keep the old design as an option, even if it doesn't get updates.

I'm really liking the new design. It's fresh and i'm all for redesigns. There are some things about it that make it a bit more clunky than the old site but honestly this looks 100% better. Works on mobile which is awesome and something the old design lacked. Thank you Nexus Team! Cannot wait for Vortex

The font and overburdened mod graphics makes it seem like an endless stream of babble (TLDR) making my eyes bleed.

At least change it up some and not by just 2 point difference from title to whatever is below it that i ..didn't read

I also don't see a point in the 3 filter choices that take up a huge space.

Edited by Brandy_123

here are the

Currently blocked tags These are all the tags you have current blocked.

Czech
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Other languages
Polish
Russian
Translation
Saved games
Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW)
Hungarian
Non-Playable Resource
Spanish

when i click on the Clothing - Female tag

on the new site

i get Found 0 results. 20776 have been filtered out

on the old site

i get 57 pages of results

In response to post #54677498.

menathradiel wrote: Have had a look at the new design and have to say: Why did you bork my description page? Why are you forcing every image to display on a new line even when in bbcode and wysiwyg editors they are not? It looks absolutely horrible, and makes me look like I put no thought or effort into my mod page. If I put two images on the same line, I do that for a reason. Yes, it's nice that the video is bigger, but you have every single one of my NPC pictures on a separate line, and they do not need it - this would be why I didn't do what you've essentially forced me to do.

Take a look at my nexus page for my mod on the old layout, and then the new layout, and then explain to me why you've made it look so excruciatingly bad on the new one, and why I can't fix it?

I did look at the two versions of your mod page. And i have to agree with you. It looks horrible now.Clearly, the designers had only mobile phone users in mind when doing this pointless redesign.