New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54776863. #54783793 is also a reply to the same post.

just4looks wrote: This is probably a stupid question, how do I get the new design to be the default version? Since this is going to eventually be the only version of the site, I'd rather rip the band-aid off now and get used to it.
mosesintheflesh wrote: I would like to know that as well.

It looks like for the time being you just need to use the domain: "https:://rd.nexusmods.com", instead of the old "https://www.nexusmods.com." If I don't get an answer here I'll make a new post later, but is this going to mess up all the external links again?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54776863. #54783793, #54785438 are all replies on the same post.

just4looks wrote: This is probably a stupid question, how do I get the new design to be the default version? Since this is going to eventually be the only version of the site, I'd rather rip the band-aid off now and get used to it.
mosesintheflesh wrote: I would like to know that as well.
Allonsen wrote: It looks like for the time being you just need to use the domain: "https:://rd.nexusmods.com", instead of the old "https://www.nexusmods.com." If I don't get an answer here I'll make a new post later, but is this going to mess up all the external links again?

You can set up a Redirector to do it automatically like so -

9AtpumO.png

Edited by Fhaarkas

I'm well aware that this new design will be imposed on us whether we like it or not and that any comment or complain is merely a waste of time and webspace. So just for the records, visually the design is gruesome ugly. It's not as easy to navigate as the old one and some elements are simply to large. What I miss most is flat view for browsing through the modlists.

I have tried to use the new layout, but rather then taking me to the new version of the Nexus page I am on, it only takes me to the new Nexus front page, and every one of my bookmarks only take me to the old version of the sight. I have a massive tree of bookmarks for various mods, and there is no way I can hunt every one of them up on the new sight, or type in the new version of the URL for every page I want to go to. I had hopped that clicking on "View new layout" would either switch all of my nexus browsing to the new layout, or at the least switch the layout for the page that I was on, but that is not the case. It is unusable for me, the way it is currently. The few glimpses I have had of it are overly cluttered and hard to find things on, but there is no way that I can get used to the new version, when every link takes me back to the old version, and there is no way to reach the new version of a given page without manually typing in the URL, or doing very extensive searching.

In response to post #54790063.

tesnexus8 wrote: Searching within a Category no longer works, e.g. you can't go to Armor and search for "Crimson" any more and have it find Crimson Twilight Armor: instead, you get a ton of noise for things like Crimson Nirnroot retextures etc.

Not having this issue. Which search function are you using? The search bar at the top or the "Refine results" function?

In response to post #54777603. #54778938, #54784703, #54784768 are all replies on the same post.

FlashFatman wrote: So far I don't like it at all. I can't find my file history, I don't think it is as user friendly as the old one and it reminds me of Steam Workshop. Plus I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I hope you don't get rid of the old version.
Zaldiir wrote: The download history is in the same drop-down menu as before (only now named "Mods" instead of "Files").
FlashFatman wrote: I still don't like it, I have to keep going back to the menu to see the tracking. too much clicking now. I liked just bringing up Skyrim SE Nexus and only seeing Skyrim SE Nexus. I don't need to see all the games. Seeing them is not going to make me want to play them. It's just harder to use on a daily basis. Just because they changed it dose'nt mean I have to embrace it. I will use it begrudgingly because I have no choice but I think they should hear the feedback for when they change it next time, and there will be a next time. Yes my grasshopper, there's always a next time.
FlashFatman wrote: AND it still reminds me of Steam Workshop!

Accessing the tracking center seems pretty functionally identical to me, unless I'm misunderstanding you. You aren't sent back to the Nexus hub unless you select to change games, which is the same as the old design. Edited by slippyguy

In response to post #54764888. #54769383, #54773388, #54773893 are all replies on the same post.

aogara wrote: The new design is really nice.
But, i find that the file tab is a bit less efficient that the previous one. I think that it uses too much vertical space and not enough vertical space.
Here are 2 of the alternatives i've worked on that may be more efficient and ease for the eye/brain.
a) File display alternative A
b) File display alternative B
axonis wrote: I really like your (B) alternative. Makes the description easier to focus on.
pintocat wrote: B doesn't work for all, because some authors think the download description is where giant banner images should be, like this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73937
axonis wrote: @pintocat, why would that not work for them ? Their BBcode-based descriptions would still be properly displayed, only with a table of stats next to them. The new design does not affect the size of those images

Discussion still open ... it may hurt the artistic sensibility of some modders, but it doesn't look so bad to me.
File display Alternative A-2
File display Alternative B-2

Edited by aogara