New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before, I'll say it again: if it isn't broken don't fix it, less you plan to break it.

And you pretty much broke it. Heck, I'm typing this from Old Nexus, because that site is decent in appearance, and gets the job done 100%.

Meanwhile, new nexus is disgustingly modern, and not practical at all.

If this is a site for users (which it is) let us have a vote in how it works. It would only be fair.

In response to post #55648511.

Milanvukas wrote: I said it before, I'll say it again: if it isn't broken don't fix it, less you plan to break it.
And you pretty much broke it. Heck, I'm typing this from Old Nexus, because that site is decent in appearance, and gets the job done 100%.

If this is a site for users (which it is) let us have a vote in how it works. It would only be fair.

It was broken. What now ?

Also, there was some poll around here. Not even 100 of y'all could be bothered to say no, and there's at least 5mil people on this website, vast majority seemingly not bothered enough by this website to even care to say anything.
Most of the old website elements are in similar places in the new layout; if you can't find them get someone to help you.

I'm not sure how many people actually prefer the new layout, but it's a lot less comfortable for me to use. It seems a bit cluttered and in your face. It's somewhat overwhelming and my muscle memory hates it, but I can deal with that. My main gripe is that the background colors need to be darkened a decent amount. Maybe this could be included as an option? The browsing area is quite wide too. Scrolling the page view out to about 80% helps a fair deal. It takes up way more space than it needs to. This may be a bit harsh, but in my opinion it missed nearly every mark for what a website like this should prioritize in their design choices.

I said it before, I'll say it again: if it isn't broken don't fix it, less you plan to break it.

Actually it's not modern, it's retro, which is all the rage these days. All the bad things about the old way of doing web UIs have been brought back. It's a textbook example of how not to design a website.

I acknowledge that the website needed a lot of changes on the back end, but a lot (not all, but a lot) of the front-end stuff is indefensible.