New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54666293.

Gribbleshnibit8 wrote:

Just gonna put this here...

image.png?width=1143&height=643

Nexus mods circa 2009. There was an awful lot of fuss when this design was abandoned for what is (more or less) the current design.

Interesting, thank you. What was supposed to be in the middle?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54666293. #54666368, #54666408 are all replies on the same post.

Gribbleshnibit8 wrote:

Just gonna put this here...

image.png?width=1143&height=643

Nexus mods circa 2009. There was an awful lot of fuss when this design was abandoned for what is (more or less) the current design.

JuneII wrote: Interesting, thank you. What was supposed to be in the middle?
JuneII wrote: Interesting, thank you. What was supposed to be in the middle?

So are you gonna borrow me your time machine then?

In response to post #54665673. #54666223 is also a reply to the same post.

Kursan wrote: I really LOVE the new layout and look of the new site! Much easier to navigate and very intuitive and I am a middle aged guy with failing memory so really have no clue what people are complaining about but to each their own. I think this is a vast improvement and I really like some of the new features I have discovered so far. It gives me a much better overview at a glance on what is going on with any given mod and relevant information, something I had to dig allot and jump more pages to get to with the old design. I noticed also that pages load faster than on the old site.
I say well done Nexus!
pjutle0109 wrote: the new loads slower due to them having to split their servers between the new and old site.

Well it loads faster for me for some reason most the time, definitely not slower, could also have to do with time of day.

In response to post #54666253.

pappiman wrote: My main problem is how big everything is. I know Ctrl + Scroll is an option but still, eh.
I only hope you don't remove old design away.

That is one thing I really love about the new design, frankly I always thought the previous design sucked really bad because of the tiny thumbnails, they tried to cram too much on one page. Now there IS more content on one page but more manageable. Not having to squint or go the extra step to open a page just to get a better look at an image is an improvement.

I've been using the new layout for awhile now and I love it! Being able to track a mod and view the gallery without clicking on the page is super useful! Though, I've been having some on and off issues accessing the site since last night.