New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the new design, although I do dislike change (that doesn't make my views any less valid mind you).

The only change so far I don't like is the name - it should have just been kept as the Nexus. A facelift doesn't stop if from being the same site and doesn't warrant a name change.

One of the definitions of "nexus": a central or focal point. It makes so much more sense as the hub of modding, the central point where all of modding may meet. The nexus of modding. It works a lot better when telling someone to head over to the nexus rather than to head over to the vortex.

so far i like this new layout, i'm going to keep messing with it to get use to it.

to the people that say it hurts your eyes maybe you need to have your eye checked out i mean not in a bad way more like go see a eye doctor or maybe turn down your setting on your monitor, there are far worse web pages that should hurt your eyes, like google's blinding white pages witch cause your eyes to bleed, though i do think the gray needs to be a bit more darker.

and to the people that say it slower, maybe its time to upgrade your computer a bit or a fresh install of windows.

just tried out the new site on my phone, i can say its way better then the old one that's for sure.

Edited by Rex7Dragon95

I admit I am not a fan, its way to busy, there is just to much on the front page. There is way to much in the News & Updates section and the Media section, I dont want 90% of my page taken up by stuff I have no interest in seeing. Also not a fan of the grey or

Plus the media section is mostly full of half naked skimpy ladies, which is fine if your into that. But I am not so I avoid the image share section now a days. The old design had much less focus on that and I could just ignore the images much easier when they where so much smaller.

Another issue is that I use the tracked files to keep tabs on if someone has commented on my mods or needs help, I find the fade away of the font really annoying and hard to look at. ):

I also dont see the Files of the Month on the page?

Just really not a fan. ):

It seems strange to optimise the web page layout for mobile phones, when the whole point of the Nexus site is to host downloads for PCs. Why redesign the layout at all, if all you succeed in doing is it to make it harder to use on a PC screen? (Rhetorical question)

Small point - what size should the banner image be, now that it's being used as a background image and displayed cropped and magnified? I can reshape mine by adding a black border so that it displays the way I intended it to, but I don't know precisely what size to pad it to. I'm guessing 960x270 ?