New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has anything to do with the site upgrade, but is the search function currently broken? Some mods I can find just fine, but even typing the exact name of some mods doesn't return any results, either on the new site or the old one.

Also, is there/will there be a way to track replies to comments (like a notification system)? I often find myself forgetting where I left a comment...

Thanks!

In response to post #54790063. #54791583 is also a reply to the same post.

tesnexus8 wrote: Searching within a Category no longer works, e.g. you can't go to Armor and search for "Crimson" any more and have it find Crimson Twilight Armor: instead, you get a ton of noise for things like Crimson Nirnroot retextures etc.
Zaldiir wrote: Not having this issue. Which search function are you using? The search bar at the top or the "Refine results" function?

Thanks. "Refine results" was the problem, in that its completely "generic text, not an active element" presentation hid the fact that there was functionality other than "Clear Filters" under there. 1/10 for "discoverability" in the design, 10/10 for fast and helpful moderators. :)

I seem to be having a problem where things are being filtered out of searches when I have no filters set.

Specifically in the Skyrim Special Edition section, when I go to the mod search it says "Found 5446 results. 3232 have been filtered out. Currently filtering by: blocked tags and authors."

This persists even after clearing the filters, and making sure that they're clear myself. When sorting by endorsements and comparing the results to the old site, I can see a lot of top mods are being filtered out, like USSEP and Statis Mesh Improvement Mod. I can't seem to figure out how to make them appear, or what's causing them to be blocked.

In response to post #54811233.

saintcrazythefollower wrote: Not sure if this has anything to do with the site upgrade, but is the search function currently broken? Some mods I can find just fine, but even typing the exact name of some mods doesn't return any results, either on the new site or the old one.

Also, is there/will there be a way to track replies to comments (like a notification system)? I often find myself forgetting where I left a comment...

Thanks!

I have the same problem! If I didn't already have the link to the Inigo mod, I couldn't find it. I search by the mod name, and all of the foreign translations come up, along with the InigoMCM (separate add-on mod), but the main mod, Inigo, is nowhere to be found, and I have tried many different search parameters. Something is broken.

Edit: I have tried clearing all filters, and then unchecking everything, as that didn't uncheck things, but the search results got MORE constrained, rather then less. I am quite confused. I tried both the basic search bar at the top, and the Refined Results drop-down.

Also, where are the notifications in the new format? You know, that small round orb that gave you the drop-down list of notifications in the old format, right next to the messages envelope? I find those incredibly useful, and can't find them right now. I am sure I must just be missing them. Edited by Eolhin

In response to post #54751878. #54752393, #54765313, #54767068, #54772278, #54783813 are all replies on the same post.

zhoulia wrote: It was a bit much for me, and extremly hard to understand. Like Deviantart use to be for me. But it is extremely cluttered and triggered both my ADHD and anxiety . Why can´t you endorse mods or is that something that will be replaced with something else? I also think mods should be larger thumbnails then pictures. The layout personally does not flow very well .
ScrollTron1c wrote: The endorsement button is still there, on the bottom-right of the banner image. It also works, i endorsed a mod from Fallout 4 hotfiles earlier today.
zhoulia wrote: It was not there at first but now is, and some files show as unendorsed by me when I clearly clicked them. Bugs probably
GiveSheckelsToGeorgeSoros wrote: How the f*#@ does a website layout "trigger your anxiety"? I'm not taking the piss, just genuinely curious.
daren420c wrote: Agree 100%
mosesintheflesh wrote: The frontend for a website triggers your anxieties? Good lord.

Anxiety can present itself in many different ways. With the new layout, there's an explosion of information on the screen, which in turn causes stimulus overload, i.e., anxiety.

Not going to be the case with everyone, ofc.

'Top mods' has a really bad amount of items per row. With two per row, your eyes have to *constantly* wander back and forth. Either stick to one per row (which, in my opinion, is by far the best option for top lists that are meant to be read in order) or make it significantly more (like five or so). Two is really horrible for reading, and I don't even need to test it for any longer to know - I've seen it before, and it's never worked well.

Other than that, I can't come up with any complaints after a really short test. Usually the annoyances jump in your face, so pretty good job, I guess?

In response to post #54799858. #54800528, #54805933 are all replies on the same post.

vcgrant wrote: On first blush, I find it ironic, and a bit telling, that a web site that owes it's very existence to PC Games and its fans, optimize's it's web design for mobile platforms.
Dark0ne wrote: Why is that ironic? A few people have commented on this and I've yet to have someone explain why it's silly to code a site with mobile optimisation in mind as part of the process.

18% of our traffic comes from mobile. A number that grows every single year as smartphone usage continues to rocket. It would be stupid to do a new design and not take that into account, just like it would be stupid to do a new design and not take in to account the 17% of people who browse the site using FireFox or the 5% who browse using Edge.

With your (and some other users') line of thinking, websites for console games should be most optimised for Televisions, because that's the platform on which you most play console games. Makes no sense, right? How you play your games has no relation to how you browse the internet and finding a happy medium for both desktop and mobile users, that can make both as happy as possible was, and still is, the most prudent course of action.
Rigmor wrote: New site works great with the 0.0001% of "Brave" browser users :P

It is ironic because the functionality that can be had with a web page optimized for a PC processor and graphics is much greater than any mobile platform. Most mobile sites in look and usability are about where computer platforms were in the earliest days of the Net. Most apps are dumbed down to enable them to run on mobile devices and any 3D depth has been lost to flattening everything out to make it smaller and quicker to load.

Bottom line from my perspective, this is a PC site., make it look and play as one.

In response to post #54811233. #54814953 is also a reply to the same post.

saintcrazythefollower wrote: Not sure if this has anything to do with the site upgrade, but is the search function currently broken? Some mods I can find just fine, but even typing the exact name of some mods doesn't return any results, either on the new site or the old one.

Thanks!
Eolhin wrote: I have the same problem! If I didn't already have the link to the Inigo mod, I couldn't find it. I search by the mod name, and all of the foreign translations come up, along with the InigoMCM (separate add-on mod), but the main mod, Inigo, is nowhere to be found, and I have tried many different search parameters. Something is broken.

Edit: I have tried clearing all filters, and then unchecking everything, as that didn't uncheck things, but the search results got MORE constrained, rather then less. I am quite confused. I tried both the basic search bar at the top, and the Refined Results drop-down.

Also, where are the notifications in the new format? You know, that small round orb that gave you the drop-down list of notifications in the old format, right next to the messages envelope? I find those incredibly useful, and can't find them right now. I am sure I must just be missing them.

Well i found more mods that don't show up with the search function, and i don't even have filters enabled. Example "Mature Skin" for Skyrim didn't show the actual mod yesterday, the day before it was "Requiem". Seems like both are showing up now.

Not sure if connected but i had "Translation" mods blocked.

In response to post #54811233. #54814953, #54818718 are all replies on the same post.

Thanks!
Eolhin wrote: I have the same problem! If I didn't already have the link to the Inigo mod, I couldn't find it. I search by the mod name, and all of the foreign translations come up, along with the InigoMCM (separate add-on mod), but the main mod, Inigo, is nowhere to be found, and I have tried many different search parameters. Something is broken.

Also, where are the notifications in the new format? You know, that small round orb that gave you the drop-down list of notifications in the old format, right next to the messages envelope? I find those incredibly useful, and can't find them right now. I am sure I must just be missing them.
ScrollTron1c wrote: Well i found more mods that don't show up with the search function, and i don't even have filters enabled. Example "Mature Skin" for Skyrim didn't show the actual mod yesterday, the day before it was "Requiem". Seems like both are showing up now.

Not sure if connected but i had "Translation" mods blocked.

I second this, I tried to search Underground Hideout New Vegas probably the most popular house/home mod on the site (18,000 endorsements) I can't find it on the new site. All searches bring up related mods, i.e addons and patches, but the main mod is nowhere to be found. I also, searched Mobile Truck Base, with the same result.

I am definitely staying with the old site until this is fixed. Edited by vcgrant