Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

Let' sit tight, wait, provide valid feedback to them and trust that they will do whatever it takes to fix and improve everything. Their attitude has been shown several times that they are willing to listen and apply valid feedbacks to improve the new site and I am very sure they will have the same attitude about Vortex. We need to trust them and we need to be patients.

I disagree with just sitting tight, after if no questions about the new design are raised than the natural feeling of those involved will be that everyone likes it. If no-one says anything to the contrary then why would you think otherwise.

My feed back was simple I admit but very true at the same time. The human eye is naturally draw the the centre of a thing, which is why the vast amount of websites put everything a visitor needs at the centre of the page. It simply makes things easier for them.

Yet with the new design the eye is drawn to Support, Search, Browse All Files and Upload a file. None of which is really all that useful for a new or regular visitor. The Search bar also defaults to mods, so if I want to search for the page for the game I have to change the default setting. Not only does the search, when switched to Games, not find Dragon Age Origins but then defaults back to mods so trying to refine the search involves another stop than it should.

Of course I know these are not big issues in the grand scheme of things by themselves but they make the experience just that bit worse, and little things add up to make an irritating user experience.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56059981. #56060581 is also a reply to the same post.

Darkladylexy wrote: I really wish you guys would just make up your mind which version of the website you want to show me sometimes I get the new version and sometimes I get the old version. It gets very confusing jumping back a forth all the time.
mcguffin wrote: Yes, this is weird actually I get the old version by default.

you can still get to the old version via
https://old.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?

The changes were announced by Dark0ne in advance within his post(s)

Redesign Launch - Stage 1

In response to post #56059981. #56060581, #56090821 are all replies on the same post.

Darkladylexy wrote: I really wish you guys would just make up your mind which version of the website you want to show me sometimes I get the new version and sometimes I get the old version. It gets very confusing jumping back a forth all the time.
mcdanielskh wrote: you can still get to the old version via

Also, you can now get to the new site via either
https://rd.nexusmods.com/
or
https://www.nexusmods.com/
and IF
your like me and want to go straight into Skyrim SE use this
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?
:) Edited by mcdanielskh

In response to post #56059981. #56060581, #56090821, #56090941 are all replies on the same post.

mcdanielskh wrote: you can still get to the old version via

mcdanielskh wrote: Also, you can now get to the new site via either
https://rd.nexusmods.com/
or
https://www.nexusmods.com/
and IF
your like me and want to go straight into Skyrim SE use this
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?
:)

This is addressed in the first sentence of the blog post you're commenting on.

Is it just me or has the new site just gotten even more bizarre ?

The faded text of the small description is now displaying over the top of the faded pictures and it looks like something is wrong with it, I've reloaded the page several times and it keeps displaying the same way, this can't be for real can it ?

Is everyone else getting this ?

In response to post #56090531.

votemarvel wrote:

Let' sit tight, wait, provide valid feedback to them and trust that they will do whatever it takes to fix and improve everything. Their attitude has been shown several times that they are willing to listen and apply valid feedbacks to improve the new site and I am very sure they will have the same attitude about Vortex. We need to trust them and we need to be patients.

I disagree with just sitting tight, after if no questions about the new design are raised than the natural feeling of those involved will be that everyone likes it. If no-one says anything to the contrary then why would you think otherwise.

My feed back was simple I admit but very true at the same time. The human eye is naturally draw the the centre of a thing, which is why the vast amount of websites put everything a visitor needs at the centre of the page. It simply makes things easier for them.

Yet with the new design the eye is drawn to Support, Search, Browse All Files and Upload a file. None of which is really all that useful for a new or regular visitor. The Search bar also defaults to mods, so if I want to search for the page for the game I have to change the default setting. Not only does the search, when switched to Games, not find Dragon Age Origins but then defaults back to mods so trying to refine the search involves another stop than it should.

Of course I know these are not big issues in the grand scheme of things by themselves but they make the experience just that bit worse, and little things add up to make an irritating user experience.

I think you did not understand my point or perhaps I did not explain myself clear : I never said to stay silence, on the contrary, we need to provide our feedback but ... when I say sit tight, is because whatever feedback we provide to them, may not be implemented right away so we need to wait ... it has been advised to us already what is happening behind the curtain : the professional they hired is working on Vortex and once that is done, that person will concentrate on improving the site BASED on valid and accepted feedbacks from us. You are missing the whole point.

And again, if somebody start just expressing emotions ( and I do not want to continue repeating those words ) without any valid feedback, that person will not helping the site to be better.

This is our site. It does belong to all of us and we have the chance to help the owners to make it better BY PROVIDING VALID FEEDBACK and continue to wait till they start applying those feedbacks.

I do not know if you already notice something different in the Search browser, did you ? It is much better now than before and the Search function issue has already been resolved BEFORE the professional they have in place, is putting her hands in full on to improving the site. This means that they are listening and trying to improve what we have been advising. I have been one of those who provided feedback about the Search function not working properly and now it is. Try it. Try to put some words in relation to the mod that you are looking for and you will see something different that I hope you like and welcome.

In response to post #56097056.

JJhookah wrote: Is it just me or has the new site just gotten even more bizarre ?
The faded text of the small description is now displaying over the top of the faded pictures and it looks like something is wrong with it, I've reloaded the page several times and it keeps displaying the same way, this can't be for real can it ?

Yes, you are right, I see that too but I also see that we have more description of those mods being displayed and because of that ( probably ) it is not properly aligned in relation to the picture. I can see now that the icons are bigger with more description. Pretty sure they will fix this.

JJhookah wrote: Is it just me or has the new site just gotten even more bizarre ?

Yes, you are right, I see that too but I also see that we have more description of those mods being displayed and because of that ( probably ) it is not properly aligned in relation to the picture. I can see now that the icons are bigger with more description. Pretty sure they will fix this.

Actually it might be that the page is being worked on because I've now noticed that how you would mouse over the Hot Mods and it would turn the pic darker is not doing this now. Nor is the tab to view the mod there any longer which set in the center of the mod pic impeding the view. Which is cool, because it wasn't like that an hour ago when I was downloading some Mikhail mods. Shows everyone they are working on it and progressing.

Edited by Aoikani

In response to post #56098706.

Aoikani wrote:

Actually it might be that the page is being worked on because I've now noticed that how you would mouse over the Hot Mods and it would turn the pic darker is not doing this now. Nor is the tab to view the mod there any longer which set in the center of the mod pic impeding the view. Which is cool, because it wasn't like that an hour ago when I was downloading some Mikhail mods. Shows everyone they are working on it and progressing.

Whatever has been done, I don't like it. The site looked great a few days ago, now it's just a mess. Awful.