Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #56276766. #56294046 is also a reply to the same post.

Jerewy wrote: i dont like it. its like going from windows 7 to 10..
bigd4450 wrote: Unfortunately, we all have to go to 10 eventually.

Why? windows 7 is stable and much more user-friendly (including graphical part)
None of those who i know will ever go to 10 (who use windows, of course).
So please, do NOT touch what is already working flawlessly (old design)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? windows 7 is stable and much more user-friendly (including graphical part)

None of those who i know will ever go to 10 (who use windows, of course).

So please, do NOT touch what is already working flawlessly (old design)

Because eventually the new game releases you want to play will stop supporting DirectX 11.

As to the new design for the website, I don't hate it I just think it shouldn't be the default until it is ready.

I have been through site redesigns of the Nexus before and this is the first one I absolutely hate. I feel like I need to take Tylenol every time I finish looking it over.

Edited by Suspiria

I have been through site redesigns of the Nexus before and this is the first one I absolutely hate. I feel like I need to take Tylenol every time I finish looking it over.

Why tho? It doesn't look much different and has some useful new functions. Or are you merely talking about color?

If you're talking about the color-scheme, just be patient. Wait until after Vortex is released, and we should see more changes, and those changes coming at a faster pace.

That's the problem though. If the site is not ready, and by their own admission isn't really going to be worked on until Vortex is released, then perhaps it shouldn't be the default option until it is able to be the focus of the team's work.

At the moment all they are doing is creating ill will and forming divisions in the very community that is the site's life blood.

The problem is, it was going to be ready, but Dark0ne didn't have the help of a pro for the entire process of the initial website set up:

A note on the UI, UX and overall look. When we started this process we worked with a professional designer to create the initial mockups because we didn't have a full-time designer ourselves. The designer we worked with was great, but naturally as we didn't have him full-time and our work on the code took way longer than initially anticipated, it meant that he could only go so far. As such, the current design on the new site is, I'd say, 75% the designer's, following good UI/UX principles and 25% ours, without expert supervision (and likely lacking good UI/UX principles). We've had to change or add functionality that was missed in the original mockups that was not done by a UI/UX professional and as such, we're aware there are some areas of the site that, already, could do with the touch of an expert. Thankfully, our very own UI and UX designer has begun working from our office now. Her initial focus is going to be solely on Vortex, the mod manager to replace NMM. I can tell you right now, I'm extremely excited about her work from what I've seen so far and I think she's going to do great things for both Vortex and the Nexus Mods sites.

Once we're happy with Vortex she will move her focus on to the sites.

Vortex is right around the corner, though, so just hang in there. The website is being actively worked on, but only to maintain functionality and squash bugs until Kit can really take a look at the UI and address a lot of the great feedback suggestions being brought up.

:smile:

Edited by twowolves80

Meanwhile ..

Whats going wrong with old site notifications ???

Currently, next to the little world icon, I occasionally get a number ( 6 today ), but when I click it to expand and find out what mods have been updated .. Nothing.

CBBE SE updated yesterday, I only found out because Beermotor checked his wizard out on AFK Mods website, and mentioned its still compatible with the Mod update ..

.. Ah right then, I will also need to update my CBBE SE diffuse maps, thanks to the nexus notification - Not.

bRHthVN.png

qKtFXUL.png

Edited by Guest

Meanwhile ..

Whats going wrong with old site notifications ???

Currently, next to the little world icon, I occasionally get a number ( 6 today ), but when I click it to expand and find out what mods have been updated .. Nothing.

CBBE SE updated yesterday, I only found out because Beermotor checked his wizard out on AFK Mods website, and mentioned its still compatible with the Mod update ..

.. Ah right then, I will also need to update my CBBE SE diffuse maps, thanks to the nexus notification - Not.

bRHthVN.png

qKtFXUL.png

Well today the site has changed to the new site layout again (dont know if its going to be permanent or yet another temporary automatic change) but ..

.. Apparently I still have no updates

QoEbvjl.png

Is anyone looking into the notfications failure ?