Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55255308. #55256923, #55257018, #55257068, #55257338, #55257343, #55259548, #55259848, #55259863, #55263213, #55263383, #55263583, #55271593 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I hate the new design. Since the nexusmods still is the best site for mods to me, i will stuck with you, but when the old design is shut down and only the new site is available, well.... i will stuck with you, but i will hate you forever at the same time for making me use the new design and i will hate myself for using it and not leaving nexus and i will hate everything from then on.
I hate the new design so much and i hate you for creating it.
I hate you.
CreeperLava wrote: Is there really a need to be so agressive towards what is ultimately not that important ?
r0ck7y wrote: i guess you need a day sleep before posting.
KSI Carbon Core wrote: So much hate for something so mundane.
Veritech100 wrote: Wow so much hate for such a small thing!
KensaiTonada wrote: I see you are not a financial supporter... so you're angry because something you get FREE is changing... what a putz.
blackninja50 wrote: I'm angry to so go die.
Crusader33 wrote: Kids and teenagers LOVE it !!!!!!! Adults all hate it !!!!! Such is life We well have are revenge while in the nursing home for the next generation of kids well change there's as well !!!!
Skauldomir wrote: You must not take change easily...
Keleigh3000 wrote: I hate it too. I'm a premium member, does my opinion count?
Dziggy wrote: The people saying they don't like the new design should really try to offer the Nexus Mods staff some actual constructive feedback. Simply saying that you don't like it is pointless. How can they improve the things that people don't like if they have no idea what those things are?
jsparks40 wrote: I think the OP is just being facetious people :P
sopmac45 wrote: Well, if you hate yourself I am pretty sure that you hate humanity .... you are going into the dark path. Be careful. It is a fact, that nobody can give what they do not have. If you hate in your heart, you will hate everything and everybody that surround you. Too bad !

Nothing is forever in this life whoever you are; you were a baby before, then you grew up and became a teen, then you will grow up more and become an adult and one day probably an old woman/man and at your end, you will pass away. Nothing is forever. Accepting that reality is the key to be calm and peaceful.

A good number of us did offer constructive criticism and we were called backwards idiots for not liking change. Edited by Spart117MC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a fan of the new ui, but altleast you're not like youtube is with ui changes. haha. If I had one suggestion, Make use a darker background under the lettering. As it is now its kinda hard to read when the words and background aren't that contrasting. Making the words contrast the background better would def make this a lot better. Edited by bubbanole91

In general I like the new look, and after browsing the new design for a bit, can't complain about functionality.

I do agree though that it's a bit of a weird choice to decrease the unused space to the left and right, but then increase the size of other elements so that what is actually being displayed is less than before.

Would be the best of both worlds if we could use the new design with an option to switch the display to a kind of "compact mode". So that we'd have a big shiny shiny for mobile users, and a "boring" practical mode for PC users. (edit: Not much of a mobile user myself, but I could see that being an advantage for mobile users that want to save on bandwidth and not display so many graphics as well.)

One such example: when browsing mods, there's the option to display as tiles, big tiles and list. Only... the list isn't actually a list. It's still tiles-like, just actually worse than the normal tiles display. Going by name alone, "list" should be the most compact type of display, right?

Edited by TRipley

In response to post #55255308. #55256923, #55257018, #55257068, #55257338, #55257343, #55259548, #55259848, #55259863, #55263213, #55263383, #55263583, #55271593, #55271953 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I hate the new design. Since the nexusmods still is the best site for mods to me, i will stuck with you, but when the old design is shut down and only the new site is available, well.... i will stuck with you, but i will hate you forever at the same time for making me use the new design and i will hate myself for using it and not leaving nexus and i will hate everything from then on.
I hate the new design so much and i hate you for creating it.
I hate you.
CreeperLava wrote: Is there really a need to be so agressive towards what is ultimately not that important ?
r0ck7y wrote: i guess you need a day sleep before posting.
KSI Carbon Core wrote: So much hate for something so mundane.
Veritech100 wrote: Wow so much hate for such a small thing!
KensaiTonada wrote: I see you are not a financial supporter... so you're angry because something you get FREE is changing... what a putz.
blackninja50 wrote: I'm angry to so go die.
Crusader33 wrote: Kids and teenagers LOVE it !!!!!!! Adults all hate it !!!!! Such is life We well have are revenge while in the nursing home for the next generation of kids well change there's as well !!!!
Skauldomir wrote: You must not take change easily...
Keleigh3000 wrote: I hate it too. I'm a premium member, does my opinion count?
Dziggy wrote: The people saying they don't like the new design should really try to offer the Nexus Mods staff some actual constructive feedback. Simply saying that you don't like it is pointless. How can they improve the things that people don't like if they have no idea what those things are?
jsparks40 wrote: I think the OP is just being facetious people :P
sopmac45 wrote: Well, if you hate yourself I am pretty sure that you hate humanity .... you are going into the dark path. Be careful. It is a fact, that nobody can give what they do not have. If you hate in your heart, you will hate everything and everybody that surround you. Too bad !

Nothing is forever in this life whoever you are; you were a baby before, then you grew up and became a teen, then you will grow up more and become an adult and one day probably an old woman/man and at your end, you will pass away. Nothing is forever. Accepting that reality is the key to be calm and peaceful.
Spart117MC wrote: A good number of us did offer constructive criticism and we were called backwards idiots for not liking change.

Interesting how much confusion about my hate is out there. It's not like my life crashes to pieces about this. I just hate the new design. And i am saying it.

@ Dziggy: Why should i offer the nexus team constructive feedback for their project, when there is absolutely no need to change it. It would be great if they would change it to be better, but that is not the case. Why should i support something, that makes things worse than they are. Makes no sense.

In response to post #55272403.

Spart117MC wrote: Irony of ironies, apparently the new streamlined layout is eating up more resources to the point that at least one person is repeatedly crashing their phone's browser by visiting the Nexus. It's also a reminder that this is going to suck for people with slow networks and data caps and those with potatos for rigs.

Preach it brother.

As someone who's stuck on a data cap *COMBINED* with barely-ADSL speeds (barely getting 8000 kbps due to ancient teleco hardware that hasn't yet been replaced due to the f*#@up here known as Australia's NBN), I'm probably going to dump and stop visiting this place ever again if I can avoid it in the future.

Dark, it's looking a lot better and the bugs seem to be getting fixed every single day which I think we can all say we appreciate.

I have a nit picky nonsense request that shouldn't take more than 2 seconds to fix and I'm surprised it hasn't yet. Change the "switch to new layout" button on the old site to take me right back to the page I was on.

The forum/comments are still bugged (old and new) and your bug tracker is still on github and I really am just too lazy to put my feedback in two spots.

Profile options set to promote conversation (bump replied threads to the top) results in being brought back to page 1. This is also true for having that setting turned off, which makes replying to everyone a pain in the arse since the page needs to post, load, jump to, load just to reply to another comment.

The site seems to handle content from the forum page and the comment section differently. It would be nice to see uniformity. The old comment system tried, and almost made it with a button for format on the site with more advanced options in the forum. But I still see source code show up when editing a post at times (old and new) on the (always) current version of Firefox. Things like links, images, embedded youtube videos, etc are hard to manage from the site's comment system.

Also, there needs to be a new background for skyrim special edition, because the game is so similar people are downloading the wrong version of the user created content and it's breaking their game. I know a few creators get annoyed with having to tell people slightly more mentally handicapped than the president of the United States politely over and over again that they downloaded the wrong version. The current background and layout of the site gives very little information towards being which version of the game you're using. This mainly applies to people who come here on a link but some mod authors don't update their links to their other work in the description and while that's their own damn fault, it leads users to install content for the wrong game. I don't see any other way to fix this since loose assets don't break the game.

In response to post #55272403. #55272763 is also a reply to the same post.

Spart117MC wrote: Irony of ironies, apparently the new streamlined layout is eating up more resources to the point that at least one person is repeatedly crashing their phone's browser by visiting the Nexus. It's also a reminder that this is going to suck for people with slow networks and data caps and those with potatos for rigs.
Technous285 wrote: Preach it brother.

As someone who's stuck on a data cap *COMBINED* with barely-ADSL speeds (barely getting 8000 kbps due to ancient teleco hardware that hasn't yet been replaced due to the f*#@up here known as Australia's NBN), I'm probably going to dump and stop visiting this place ever again if I can avoid it in the future.

Sadly this is the downside of moving to the "mobile" friendly version for a single website. Everything needs to be present (everything needs to be downloaded) for everyone. This is why it takes more RAM to have the page and more data to be sent compared to the old site.

I think I made a joke on the old announcement about not being able to use Netscape to view the Nexus anymore.
I haven't tried yet to see if Lynx works but it doesn't solve the problem since images are often used to describe the mod (textures, meshes, etc) and you need to download those anyways. And the site relies heavily on javascript and a non javascript version doesn't exist.

They still teach people how to make non-javascript web pages in a ECMAScript web page course at the community colleges in California.
Also, I'm really sorry AUS telecoms, really would appreciate more protest (and larger ones) over there. Companies here in the states are looking at you guys and saying to themselves, "Wait, we can do that? WE SHOULD DO THAT!"

In response to post #55269683.

Haddock81 wrote:

If so many people don't like the new design, then there's probably a good reason. I think nobody has a problem with a new design, but it is harder to read and navigate, so it's basically a "downgrade" and to say "just adept" is BS.

Take the feedback, rework the design and most of us will be happy with a new page.

Keep the word "us" to yourself. There are plenty of people that don't spend their life spinning their tires that like the new design. I can't find a single aspect of the new design that is worse than the previous iteration. It's cleaner, it's faster, and it doesn't look like a web page from the late 90's anymore.

I was obviously talking about the people that don't like the design and when they criticise the same things like me, then I take the liberty to say "us" or "we". Argue the point, if you have a problem with my feedback.

Read the feedback and you will see that these people mostly have a problem with the readability and I don't see your problem with the criticism. It's not that our world will come down, but we spend a lot of time on this site when we're modding our games and it would be nice if the design would be easier on the eyes.

Good for you if you like it.

Edited by Haddock81