Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

Ok. I think I see that no matter what is posted here, the site owner seeing that at least HALF of his user/member base is dissatisfied with the new layout, the new layout will still be shoved down our throats. There is no real choice in it. Switching to old.nexusmods.com doesn't switch it for the mod pages and I'm actually tired of typing in old in the address bar per mod I visit. So, I guess it's actually time to pull down the few mods I still have up and leave.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55571204.

NCRForever wrote:

Ok. I think I see that no matter what is posted here, the site owner seeing that at least HALF of his user/member base is dissatisfied with the new layout, the new layout will still be shoved down our throats. There is no real choice in it. Switching to old.nexusmods.com doesn't switch it for the mod pages and I'm actually tired of typing in old in the address bar per mod I visit. So, I guess it's actually time to pull down the few mods I still have up and leave.

Oh man, it's great to see you posses data about around 5 mil users on this website!

..ooh, you mean you and the other imaginary half..

NCRForever wrote:

Oh man, it's great to see you posses data about around 5 mil users on this website!

I'm talking about people in THIS post. Use your brain.

In response to post #55572344.

NCRForever wrote:

NCRForever wrote:

I'm talking about people in THIS post. Use your brain.

"HALF of his user/member base"

It's pretty clear and straightforward. Maybe you need to use yours?

Been here since the TES Nexus days. Dislike the new design. Hope you didn't pay to much for it. Nexusmods always had such a unique and distinctive look. Now it looks every other generic and sensory overloaded site.

Place my vote in the dislike column please.

Edited by gloomfrost

You argue from a point of logic that declares Robin simply switched websites out of capricious whim. How do you know it wasn't financial? Websites cost money to run. Perhaps switching to this new website will save nexusmods money down the line so that they can further expand? Or perhaps there's other modules that can plug into this website on the admin level that add more functionality, but those cost money, and right now they don't have it since they got us this shiny new website? When you say, Shoved down our throats, the effect given is that you imagine Robin something like this:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/mah1lj.jpg

...whereas the boring reality is probably something more like this:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/GIF.gif

Only, ya know...in front of a monitor as he tries to juggle all the priorities. And reads this thread.

At least, that's how I see it, from the department of What It's Worth.

Please do some changes to the "Mod Tracking" page. With the new design it's not as easy to have an overview as with the old design. In my opinon the two columns "Last Upload" and "Last download" should be displayed almost directly next to the mod name. The pictures are totally unnecessary and are only disturbing. The colums "Game", "Author" and "Category" are unnecessary as well, since it's "my" tracking page and i already know for which game the mod is and what category it belongs to. The authors name i will see on the actual mod page if and when i am downloading the update.

Last but not least, but almost the biggest fault with the tracking page is the log column. Please, please PLEASE show the CHANGE LOG and not the ACTIVITY LOG. I do so not care about when some user added a new picture to some mod or some other user endorsed a mod.

Needless to say, i am not happy with the new design.

All these new recent designs seem to be aimed at tablet users and are inconvenient for pc.

And yes, to quote Sheldon Cooper, I don't like when things change, but that doesn't make my previous point any less truthful.

All this being said, I'd probably finally consider a paid subscription, if it offered an option to revert back to the classic layout.

Why tho? I know y'all trying to make it better so thx but you could've just ask us if we like it or not, I liked those days but now it's forcing you to see the new design... really disappointed. Edited by jackcolliss